“Just okay”
Review of Fincastle Restaurant - CLOSED

Fincastle Restaurant
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

The boyfriend and I stopped here on a road trip to Virginia. Our original choice was closed and we happened to be standing in front of the diner trying to decide where else to go that was nearby. Typical diner decor with a counter for seating in addition to small tables. Menu offered lots of burger selections including a house made black bean burger (which I chose along with onion rings). It wasn't the best or worst black bean burger an onion rings I have ever had. The boyfriend had the Elm street burger with fries which he thought was "okay". Although I didn't have a bad meal or experience here, I don't think I would return if visiting Greensboro again.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Good service and prices. The green drink is a must have. The pimento cheese is a house specialty. The burgers are juicy but have a little gristle. Also, the fried green tomatoes are yummy!!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Downtown Greensboro, pretty inexpensive with nouveau and old standby burger selections. Fried pickles as an appetizer are superb. Eaten here several times and when you gotta have a burger, it really hits the spot.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Small place in Downtown Greensboro on busy Elm Street. Went for a late lunch and there were still people coming and going. Good iced tea...but you have to ask for refill. Ordered a burger and sweet potato fries...got the burger as ordered but regular fries which were just average....left most of them. Glad i was not in a hurry.....overheard that they were short staffed, so service was not good and food was slow coming. i was never asked if everything was ok or offered a refill on my tea...may give it another try because burger was very good, above average, but the rest of the experience was just average, hence the rating.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I've visited this restaurant several times. I ordered the Delta burger without the fries. Glad I did because I almost could not finish this monster! It was too good to describe. Just look at the on line menu for the ingredients. So good I almost had to lick the plate! You really need to try this place. The Falls is also an outstanding burger!