“Good lunch specials, Good food”

San Luis Restaurant
Ranked #371 of 887 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good lunch specials, Good food”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stopped by afew days back for a quick bite to eat. I had one of their lunch specials, which was about $6. More food than I could eat in one sitting. The place has been around for a while, which gave it character. I'm a fan of the hole-in-the-wall places. There are a few TV's that can be seen from about anywhere in the location. Luckily the World Cup was on, so it was nice to enjoy the game with a culture that is passionate about it. The service was not the best, but the place was rather busy, so I'm just guessing they were working multiple tables. I will go again.

• Visited June 2014

“great mexican!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

mexican food can be mexican food, but this is a step above the average. Quick service, great food, friendly staff.

Visited October 2013
Maryland
“Authentic Mexican delights”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

The San Luis Fundido and the dinner was a complete delight. It was perfectly done. Not too spicey and flavorful. I had the Chiles Poblanos. While I enjoyed my meal the San Luis Fundido stole the show

“Good but not great”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The service at San Luis is spectacular but the food is average. The waitresses checked on us constantly so we never had to wait for anything. The cheese dip was good and came out instantly. The pork enchiladas were very tasty and the chicken enchiladas weren't bad either. Overall, it was a good experience but the food wasn't better than I have had at other Mexican restaurants in Greensboro.

• Visited August 2013
Greeensboro, NC
“Rivals the food I had in Mexico City”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I remember when this was a burger joint and had never stopped in until last Friday night. I'd been assured by several people that I trust that the food was good. Well that's an understatement. My wife and I had the Especial de la Cocina and it was wonderful. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. My only gripe is that the "32 ounce" margarita while very tasty was nothing like 32 ounces.

• Visited April 2013