“Cold, expensive & noisy”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 895 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: GTA weekdays every 1.5 hours between 5:43 am - 12:08 am & weekends every 1 hour between 6:38 am - 10:38 pm with in 1/4 mile of the center
Description: Fleming's Greensboro, NC is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at The Shops at Friendly Center, near Downtown Greensboro, College Hill, and the Greensboro Coliseum.
Oriental, North Carolina
“Cold, expensive & noisy”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Went to dinner - price $136 for two ( one glass of wine). The room was too cold to enjoy the meal. The noise level made conversation almost impossible. Tables were too close together, I was constantly bumped by staff. My steak was warm, even after the " be careful of the extremely hot plate " speech.
They have a iPad wine list...had to be rebooted to work. They are proud of it, but so noisy couldn't hear the directions. It was "slow tonight" - loose it.
I can't recommend this restaurant & will not come back.

Visited September 2013

Triad, NC
“Average ...... And Had To Think Long About This Rating”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I traveled to Fleming's for an early Sunday Prime Rib Special. First, the salads were great. I had the 'Wedge' and my wife the Ceasar.

Let's move to desserts. The sorbet was refreshing and the Turtle Pie were both good. The downside here was the 'Fresh Chantilly Cream' was served with ice crystals. This is code for 'not fresh'.

Now for the prime rib. We both found the prime rib to be average and not spectacular as expected for a Fleming's meal. There was certainly a lack of marbeling in our prime rib resulting in a lack of tenderness and certainly lack of good flavor. I had the need to eat every piece with the rather mild horse radish sauce served with the meat. Give me a little 'heat'!!!! Or better meat. Perhaps the menu special had a lower quality prime rib selection?

Service was fantastic. And the fact I was able to enjoy the benefit of a menu special saved the 3 star rating opposite the expectation of what should be delivered by Fleming's.

Maybe if we we were not so tired and just anxious to eat and return home, we would have returned our entrees and requested another choice.

• Visited September 2013
Summerfield, North Carolina, United States
“Their Sunday Special is a true Value”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I recently took advantage of Flemings Sunday night special for 29.99. It included a salad, prime rib and dessert. These were all full portions and I would estimate the prime rib at 10-12oz. All the food was excellent and I especially enjoyed the Flemings Potatoes. Also in the bar, were several wine pours at $6.00 and appetizers at reduced rates till 7pm.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great Birthday Dinner!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We hadn't been to Flemings for awhile and were very impressed with the service and food.

We enjoyed the seafood tower, which almost filled us. We followed that with the Fleming salad and the mozzarella with sweet tomatoes salad while we shared The filet mignon appetizer, which was perfectly and cooked.

Plenty of food, pampered service and great wine. Could not have been better!

Tampa, Florida
“OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE!!!!!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We did the $30 Sunday evening special (I believe they are adding Monday!) and I don't care what it cost, a top 10 meal!! It is prime rib, soup or salad, side and dessert. There were 4 of us and each got a different side - enough to share with all of us. French onion soup a 9, salad a 9, sides all 8s or 9s. All 4 prime ribs a 9 -10, all 4 desserts 9-10, esp. the chocolate lava cake. Service was excellent and he was well tipped. Nice atmosphere and one of best dining exp. I have had in a while!