“Great Food Great Service”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 910 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: GTA weekdays every 1.5 hours between 5:43 am - 12:08 am & weekends every 1 hour between 6:38 am - 10:38 pm with in 1/4 mile of the center
Description: Fleming's Greensboro, NC is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at The Shops at Friendly Center, near Downtown Greensboro, College Hill, and the Greensboro Coliseum.
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Went there on a whim last night. The food was awesome. The service was too. I had a bone in filet and my wife had crab legs and both were delicious !!!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My party of (8) head dinner prior to The Eagles Concert last weekend. We arrived at the restaurant at 5:30, had a great martini (the ladies had cosmos but they sure seemed to enjoy them!)...we told the staff we had to be finished and cashed out by 7:30 for an 8:00 concert.
We had appetizers at the table, a bottle of Champagne for the ladies, the staff graciously decanted the wines we brought (the corkage fee was a reasonable $15.00). Everyone loved the food and we were cashed out and in the parking lot ready to go to the concert at 7:30!
My entire party came from out of town and Flemings helped make the evening a hit! (But they did NOT outperform the EAGLES!!!)

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Went to dinner - price $136 for two ( one glass of wine). The room was too cold to enjoy the meal. The noise level made conversation almost impossible. Tables were too close together, I was constantly bumped by staff. My steak was warm, even after the " be careful of the extremely hot plate " speech.
They have a iPad wine list...had to be rebooted to work. They are proud of it, but so noisy couldn't hear the directions. It was "slow tonight" - loose it.
I can't recommend this restaurant & will not come back.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I traveled to Fleming's for an early Sunday Prime Rib Special. First, the salads were great. I had the 'Wedge' and my wife the Ceasar.

Let's move to desserts. The sorbet was refreshing and the Turtle Pie were both good. The downside here was the 'Fresh Chantilly Cream' was served with ice crystals. This is code for 'not fresh'.

Now for the prime rib. We both found the prime rib to be average and not spectacular as expected for a Fleming's meal. There was certainly a lack of marbeling in our prime rib resulting in a lack of tenderness and certainly lack of good flavor. I had the need to eat every piece with the rather mild horse radish sauce served with the meat. Give me a little 'heat'!!!! Or better meat. Perhaps the menu special had a lower quality prime rib selection?

Service was fantastic. And the fact I was able to enjoy the benefit of a menu special saved the 3 star rating opposite the expectation of what should be delivered by Fleming's.

Maybe if we we were not so tired and just anxious to eat and return home, we would have returned our entrees and requested another choice.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I recently took advantage of Flemings Sunday night special for 29.99. It included a salad, prime rib and dessert. These were all full portions and I would estimate the prime rib at 10-12oz. All the food was excellent and I especially enjoyed the Flemings Potatoes. Also in the bar, were several wine pours at $6.00 and appetizers at reduced rates till 7pm.