“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I've stayed at Fairview Inn, Greensboro, NC, several times. It's a good value. The rooms were always clean and smelled nice. The front desk clerks (Kim and Ashley, I believe their names were) were both very nice, hospitable, and professional. Good price for the room. Nice continental breakfast. Convenient location. I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

This place is just disgusting! When we tried booking they acted like it was a deal they were giving us; ABSOLUTELY NOT! The first 5 minutes walking in, things already falling off the walls. Tried asking for assistance but instead they made us fix things ourselves. Wheres the welcome friendly environment? They have a 20 minutes no refund policy, in other words FRAUD is what it should be called. UTTERLY PITIFUL! Place has bugs, bed bugs to be exact. Nobody wants to sleep in a bed like that. DISGUSTING. Trust there are 10x way better &cheaper hotels around Greensboro. This place is unacceptable and just wants a run for people's money. Don't even know why this place gets business and is still running. We were almost close enough to file a civil lawsuit. They better be glad we stayed out of the city.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are unacceptable, everywhere is better than FAIRVIEW INN.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank amy l
Commerce City, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. After the 2nd night I couldn't wait to get out of there. Traveling with husband and 2 daughters (17 and 10). Had time to spend at the pool and was mostly disgusted by the clientele that was at the pool and living at the hotel. Gross men kept walking by the pool and looking at my daughters. Some disgusting people at the pool. One gal there with her son and another boy told her little boy to go to the bathroom in the corner like he always does when he told her he had to go to the bathroom. They obviously live at the hotel. I feel like we may have had bed bugs nipping at our feet as my daughter and I both had little bites on our ankels. It was cleaner than the Days Inn next door but not by much. The front desk personnel were very nice and friendly and the lobby area was clean and neat and updated. Not so with the rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

We arrived and checked in, found our room and was shoked to find it had not been cleaned. It was trashed, beer bottles everywhere, the non smoking room reeked of cigarettes and to be honest it looked beyond cleanable. The front desk clerk offered another room but it was no better. We could not stay the night. And was told there would be no refund. Please dont give this hotel your business.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

We needed to travel to NC for a family funeral - the non-smoking room we booked reeked of smoke, the bathroom floor had an inch of water on it on arrival. and they refused to give us our advance one night deposit back. STAY AWAY

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

This place was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. I worked for the Drury Inn, Pear Tree Inn, Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and the Springfield Renaissance (4 star hotel) as a front desk clerk/night auditor. I have also stayed in several personal owned hotels and motels over the years too. I will admit, that I should have made mention of these issues from the start of my stay or I should have just gone to a different hotel. But you expect something more than just a place to sleep with a shower and cable. You expect at least fresh towels every couple days and fresh linens, if you are staying more than 3 days. Especially when you are given a surcharge for staying 3 days in a row and that is on top of your normal room rate.

Let us review, starting with their website: The website states and I quote, “…with newly remodeled rooms”. My room was not remodeled, but I did not check every room on the property. They could get away with saying that if two rooms had been remodeled. And I quote again from the website, “…and coffee makers in every room.” This statement is false as there was no coffee maker, let alone coffee, in my room. In the upper right hand corner of the website it displays a picture of a large tub, which could be mistaken as a Jacuzzi tub. There are no Jacuzzi tubs in the hotel, let alone a Jacuzzi on their property, that I know of.

Now for the room: I wish I could post the pictures I took of all the problems with my room. Then you would all see what I am talking about. The carpet in the room was torn in several locations, the bed was old and the springs in the mattress would pop. The trip around the bathroom door, on the bathroom side, looked as if a dog had spent several days scratching at it. The little screw holding the toilet paper roll holder to the wall had a drywall screw in it instead of a screw that normally belonged to the holder. The rack that holds the towels and wash cloths, was barely held up with two more drywall screws. The walls were all stained from it being a smoker’s room. The bathroom wall had stains and flecks of, what I can only describe as, dried snot. The sink stopper was broken and would not stop draining, which since there was an extremely slow drain, didn’t really matter too much. The corner of the vanity counter was separating from the backsplash and had a gap of about a half inch between them. The flip lock that replaces a chain lock on the door was loose and wasn’t very secure.

The pool: The pool, shown on the website, shows what looks like anti-slip surfaces on the steps. In reality, there were no anti-slip surfaces and I slipped on the first step and landed on my back side. The hand rail going into the pool was also very loose and would not support a person falling.

The hotel: It offers free Wi-Fi, and that is true, but at a very low signal strength. In my room I got two bars. I used the Days Inn’s WiFi at 4 bars and they were next door, about 100 yards away. I only got my room cleaned once during my 11 day stay and never got my bed linen changed. I understand that when on a weekly rate you may only get service once in a week, but when you pay for four more days at the daily rate and get charged a surcharge for staying more than 3 days, you should get service everyone of those days. And clean sheets at least every two days.

In conclusion, I would never recommend anyone staying at this hotel. I would suggest spending the extra three dollars a day and staying at the Days Inn right next door or any of the other multiple hotels in that same area.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo