“Good place for the price”
Review of Cavalier Inn

Cavalier Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greensboro
Cavalier Inn
Ranked #52 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Since the last time I went, they have completely remodeled ... looks nice! Nice staff. Good prices. Great location, close to the Coliseum. Mini-fridges & microwaves available. Would recommend you give them a try.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank bleu_eyes1

Reviewed 17 June 2012

This is not a travelers hotel. This is mainly for people who are going through a transition in life...ie: job change or a move. My husband and I stayed here for two weeks because of a job change. It took us 4 rooms to find one with no raoches and clean enough to be in. The manager tried to accomodate us but the rooms were basically all the same. Poor lighting, stale smoke smell, dirty drawers and roaches. Even the room we stayed in which was on the back side of the last building smelled horrible. I cleaned it the best I could before we took our things in there. The internet does not work in the back there at all and that was really a bummer. But it was worth the sacrifice to have a semi-tolerable 2 week stay. I can not say I felt in danger while I was there, but there are alot of people there who drink and do not work. We did not stay there on the weekends so I can not say how it was then. If you are looking for an extended stay place that has low rates.....and you do not mind a stale smoke smell, roaches and shady characters as neighbors....then by all means, stay there. I will say that we checked out 2 other places within a couple miles of this one and they were a bit more expensive and one was nasty and the other had roaches. It seems like that is the normal for the area because the desk clerks were uneffected when we told them about it. I am thankful though that we were able to find an affordable place that was almost tolerable for the two weeks we were there.

Room Tip: There really are no "good" rooms....they are all about the same. The internet does not wor...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank KenandLin
Reviewed 27 March 2009

Located on the east side of Greensboro, N.C.; in a known high crime area for this city. I wish I had paid the extra 80.00 for the month to stay at a more secure hotel. They even wanted a deposit for a microwave in the room. Managment failed to let me know that the building inspectors were going to be inspecting all the rooms within two weeks of my check-in, which meant maintenance crews coming in and painting, and shampooing the carpet..... thus distribing my rest. The bathroom floor is still on the brink of collapse. I was promised a new t.v. since the original one in the room was broken..... my replacement television was manufactored in the late eighties. Was promised a King sized bed that never arrived.
** Warning: Unless you enjoy being harrassed by drug dealers and prostitutes, you better avoid this Motel at all Cost!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
6  Thank velociraptor64
Reviewed 5 October 2008

This is not a place I ever want to stay in again. I was actually afraid for my life. The beds were fairly comfortable, but the clientele there was very scary. They hung outside the rooms all night long and were shouting and talking very loudly. The lock on the door was not very strong. Someone knocked on our door at 4 a.m. - very scary. The phone wasn't working. The bathroom had scorch marks on the tub where previous guests had laid their cigarettes and the ceiling appeared to have black mold and ready to cave in. The next a.m. the clientele was still hanging around doing the panhandling thing. I will never stay here again and do not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank CountryGirl184
Reviewed 12 September 2008

The hotel is located in a seedy area of town, in a primarily commercial region. The room was ok, except for the constant hollering of other residents in the facility.

Nightlife in the area was thriving well. Reminded me of one night in Bangkok. There was constant solicitation by various ladies of the evening, a veritable smorgasbord of treats for the pursuit of sensual pleasure. There were also indigenous peoples squatting on the sidewalk.

Any choice of recreational exploit was available.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank travellinvlad