“ACC Tournament Trip”

Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum
Ranked #39 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 19 March 2014

1  Thank Amy N
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I had the misfortune to be in Greensboro, NC on business during the recent crippling ice storm that left almost 250,00 people without power. I was a guest at the Baymont Inn, and despite the dreary conditions (no power), the management and staff did a fantastic job of keeping everybody and everything under control. By the way, my room was clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The next time I am in Greensboro, I will most certainly return...thanks for the great job Baymont Inn.....

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Myron2014

Dear Myron,
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Baymont Inn and Suites Greensboro/Coliseum. I know it was difficult to be here without power and want to thank you for your understanding. Our culture at Baymonts is to treat all of our guests like we would our family and friends, this is known as Baymont Hometown Hospitality. I look forward to your return.
Regards

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Me and my family stayed at this hotel during the ice storm in Greensboro. Staff was very nice and kept us up on how long the power was going to take to come back on. I would do it all over again. Thanks John and Chy

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank boxbraids

Hello Boxbraids,
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review of my hotel the Baymont Inn and Suites Greensboro/Coliseum. I want to personally thank you for helping to make a difficult situation into one that we all can look back at and say we survived the ice storm of 2014! I know it took Duke Power along time to return electricity to the hotel and believe me the nice understanding guests like yourself really helped us all out. I look foward to the next time you visit our city and your future stays here at the Baymont.
Sincerely

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel when the power was out the hotel staff took really good care of me and my family. The hotel was clean and the GM and his staff was great. I will stay there again. I know a lot of people may have complain but what could the staff do.

1  Thank Nook W
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Nook,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review of you stay here at the Baymont Inn and Suites Greensboro/Coliseum. I know since you were here during the power outage how unsettling it was not only for your family and the other guests but also my employees who did come to work without power. As the whole area was without power and roads not drivable I left open our breakfast room with food out incase anyone was hungry. I know I did all I could to make a bad situation into a pleasant one for all my guests. Thank you for the kind words and hope to see you back at the Baymont the next time you are in Greensboro .
Sincerely

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have stayed at the Baymont in Greensboro NC before and found it to be acceptable. I was in NC because my son died suddenly on 2/24. The Baymont staff were very accomodating allowing us to use the breakfast room for a meal that was supplied by the local church. I thank you very much.

On one of the nites I was locked out one of my rooms. The clerk on call tried for over an hour, without success, to open the door. I had to tell him to give my family members who were sitting on the floor by the door) another room. He did accomodate, but their nightwear, toiletry,etc was unavailable. ,. I requested to meet with the manager in the morning. The manager never came, nor did he give me a credit, or a sorry. The clerk did tell him. HS

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Member,
Thank you for your recent stay and review of my hotel the Baymont Inn and Suites Greensboro/Coliseum. I apologize that you became locked out of your room so late at night and I was please to see the night auditor was able to get you into a room close by until maintenance came in to fix the lock. I did meet you that next morning when you were out in the hallway. I asked you if everything was ok and if you needed anything else and you said you would be fine. I was also the man who came into the breakfast room before you started eating dinner and asked you then if I could help you with anything. I did get the remote control for the kids so they could change the channel. Thank you for your visit and hope to see you back at the Baymont the next time you are in town. I will be sure to introduce myself.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We had to check out because the hotel lost power and we couldn't stay with a 6 month old somewhere that did not have power. If it had just been two adults we would have dealt with it. When we left we were told we would not be charged for the nights we did not stay and I just checked my credit card and saw that I have been charged for one of the nights that we didn't stay there. I also haven't been able to get the hotel to refund this night that was after we checked out so I will have to dispute this through my credit card. I will never stay at another Baymont or even Wyndham property again. I know that the weather issue wasn't their fault but how their dealt with it was.

Also the pillows on the bed were the size of throw pillows.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
John S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear AmberP,
Thank you for your review. If you would call the hotel directly we would have refunded you your stay for Friday night the day we lost power. I am not sure who you called and talked with or how this room was reserved or the name reserved under. If you reserved the room through the internet with a third party like Expedia then it is they you need to call as it is they who charged you. If you can call the hotel directly we will be more than happy to help resolve this issue.

Thanks