“Great staff!”

Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great staff!”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Comfortable rooms and not too noisy if you have a room facing the courtyard. Angela and Howard were especially helpful at the Front Desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Georgia
Reviewed 18 October 2011

This hotel is convenient to the airport and to I-40. Room was clean. Exercise room and pool area could have been better attended to, but they were sufficient. Only about 10 minutes to bowling and shopping -- Macy's, Old Navy, Target, HHGregg, Dress Barn, Michaels, etc.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Plano, TX
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Spent one night at this hotel during a business trip, the room was standard Courtyard fare. I found the room air conditioner to be clunky and noisy, ended up tiurning it off in the middle of the night.

In the morning I found the new style cafe restaurant to be a bit awkward. No buffet with cooked to order eggs as expected at a standard Courtyard Hotel, rather the cafe style requires you to stand in line, order at a counter from a limited menu, and then breakfast is delivered to you. Starbucks coffee, but no free refills?

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Ohio
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I booked this location through Priceline. It is an excellent stop over point for folks driving from the western Ohio area to the South Carolina Grand Strand area. The room we were assigned was very clean. The internet worked well. Many national chain restaurants were within walking distance. I highly recommend it as a stop over location and especially with the great deal I received through Priceline.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Columbus, OH
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Our stay was for a college orientation trip and we had 2 adults and our incoming college freshman in our room. The ground level room was a little beat up including a 'dent' in the bathroom door which clearly was a previous guests' fist. The bathroom does not have an exhaust fan but our biggest problem was the fact that the only mirrors in the room were in the bathroom sink area. One above the bathroom sink and the closet doors directly behind the sink were mirrored. Way too tight of a fit for people trying to get ready in the morning.
We thought the beds were very comfortable.
The lobby area is very nice and modern with 3 computers.
Breakfast was on the pricy side but quality and quantity were both good and service was quick.
The 24 hr. snack area was impressively stocked!
Even with the UNCG rate the price was $114/night.
We will stay there again but only if there are no more than 2 of us in the room.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I was a little concerned after reading the reviews but as we were in town for the ACC basketball tournament the choices were minimal. I was very pleased with the hotel. The room was nice and clean. Everything worked as it should. The staff was super friendly. The only issue I would have had, was the cost of the breakfast but since we had booked a room that included breakfast as well as movie tickets, I was very pleased. The breakfast both days was good and my son really enjoyed the tables with the TVs.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my teenage daughter for two nights; we were looking at colleges in the area. It was the beginning of the High Point Furniture Market Week which I guess happens twice a year and many hotels were booked solid. I can't believe this one was not booked because I thought it was great (and I travel a lot); I would definitely stay again when in the area. First of all, it was super easy to get to--right off an exit of Rt. 40 which connected a lot of places we needed to be; secondly, it was in a nicer commercial area; thirdly, we had great food choices. The usual restaurant chains are in the area, but there is a wonderful restaurant/steakhouse called Tripp's right across the driveway (that's where they get room service for you) and the Marriott itself prepares & serves food in their pleasant open lobby area (dinner & breakfast, I think). The breakfast was not included in the room price, but was wonderfully fresh & basically prepared to order. The staff was extremely accomodating, even cheerfully making my daughter a breakfast sandwich at one minute to their posted ending time for breakfast. The choices were delicious and healthy choices were available. We don't really eat fast food and sometimes the breakfasts that are included at other chains are kind of disgusting. This was so much more than we could have hoped for. I will look for this at other Marriotts when I travel.
The rest of the experience was good--I also appreciate their duvet-type bedding which is hopefully laundered between guests (rather than those poly- bedspreads where it's hard to tell how clean they are). The flat screen high def TV was another feature that we appreciated. There was some road noise because our room faced Rt. 40, so next time I would ask for a room on the other side, but I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from Rt. 40 side.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family