“Updated true "Courtyard"”

Courtyard Greensboro
Ranked #32 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I have stayed at this property for years when I am traveling on business in the Greensboro area. This property has finally finished it extensive makeover and now has the new Courtyard decor.

This is an older Courtyard and has the initial design with the courtyard in the middle of the property, which I always liked. There is something pleasant about being able to sit on your balcony facing the courtyard or actually going down to the courtyard and pool area.

This property sits at the intersection of Wendover and I-40. So, you do get road noise. However, with everything closed, you don't really hear the traffic, especially in the rooms facing the courtyard. Plus, there are plenty of shopping and restaurant options in the area.

I had no issues with the staff. When I arrived, there was only 1 front desk person working and he was very involved with a customer that had multiple rooms with different start and end dates. He handled the situation well and was very apologetic for my wait and offered complimentary choice from the store, which I declined, but was a nice gesture.

This remains my "go to" property in Greensboro. The updated rooms are nice and the pricing for this property as a business traveler is very competitive.

Room recommendation - ask for a room facing the courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I REALLY like this "Marriott" property because it is an ideal location for families and business travelers when they need to shop at major retailers and dine in at various restaurants nearby. The hotel's interior decor was upgraded to a modern/sleek look. The Staff are famous for their friendliness and knowledge expertise of the local area. The hotel food selection is very fresh tasting. The rooms are HUGE in my opinion and the view from their "Courtyard" patio/balcony is pleasant. I always have a comfortable/relaxing experience here that REJUVENATES me each and every hotel stay that I enjoy!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The upgrades that Marriott has made to its Courtyard properties are nice. The lobby layout is fresh and open. It seems particularly good for business travelers. The lobby cafe is open all day (although did not open until 7 am which seemed a bit late for someone wanting a latte) with a small variety of food and beverage. The actual courtyard itself is nicely laid out with outdoor seating areas for good weather. The rooms were clean and what you would expect. The fitness room offers quality machines but is very limited. Our experience with the staff was mixed. I expected warm Southern hospitality and accomodation. We got that from some staff but not from others. The cafe staff person was not overly friendly and the woman who checked us in seemed slightly confused and bothered. Overall, the property was nice, the staff could be better.

Room Tip: First floor courtyard side opens right up to the courtyard with a sliding glass door - a nice touch.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Nice hotel, my family had 4 rooms here on an overnight trip down south. Good location, nice staff. Starbucks is great but the staff seemed confused whether or not there should have been complimentary coffee set up on the weekend. We would stay again!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stayed here several years ago before the updates. The new courtyard upgrades have made a big difference! Comfortable, clean, convenient. Walking distance to Tripps or Cracker Barrel. Very helpful and welcoming staff from the front desk to housekeeping. No mini-fridge or microwave in our room - but there is a microwave in the lobby. Very close to the highway - so there is some traffic noise.

Room Tip: Rooms facing wendover may be more quiet than those on the back that face the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We had luke warm, at best, water in the shower for our entire stay and no towels for the last day of a three day visit. After realizing this, I dried off with the bath mat. Two front desk staff, on separate shifts, agreed to refund the charges for one of our nights, the general manager reversed their decision and charged us the full amount. When he finally returned my phone calls, he said his staff didn't have the authority to refund charges and he didn't think a continuous lack of hot water and lack of any towels was a reason for a refund. I've stayed at Courtyard Marriott's before and have colleagues that have done the same. When I mentioned this to the GM and said this incident would prevent me and my coworkers from using Courtyard Marriott's again, he didn't care. He suggested that I should have called down to the front desk, I suppose while dripping wet after my shower, and waited for them to deliver towels. The staff at this hotel is helpful. Unfortunately, their boss doesn't understand the concept of repeat business for his hotel and its parent company. Don't waste your money here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank john_s57592
Reviewed 23 March 2013

At around 20 min from the airport (10 min to downtown Greensboro) and with many options for eating out close by, the hotel is conveniently located.The rooms are spacious and nicely furbished and come with all the amenities you'd expect (TV, airco, free WiFi, etc.). The fact the rooms are very quiet, have comfortable beds and the curtains allow you to make the room really dark make for a good night's rest. Unfortunately my bathroom was not very clean, there were some hairs and a dead bug, but overall the rooms were OK. The hotel has a swimming pool and a gym, neither of which I tried though. Breakfast is served in the lobby and offers choices ranging from oatmeal (a bit slimy, not my taste) to an English breakfast and sandwiches. Staff are friendly and competent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business