“Very accommodating”

Ranked #28 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Jeonju, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea
“Very accommodating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

The stay was really comfortable. We were four adults and two children. We rented a queen suite. When we arrived we found out our room had been double booked. To remedy the situation, we were given a king suite and an adjoining double queen room. On top of that, we our reservation was upgraded to include breakfast for our entire stay. The breakfast is cooked to order and quite delicious. The service is great. The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jasmine T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Recently stayed two nights here while in town to meet with customers. Rooms were very clean and the wireless internet worked very well. Location is a bit tough to find at first, but once you figure out the road, its no problem.

Check in was smooth and quick. Breakfast wasn't bad, a tad overpriced, but the free coffee makes up for that. It is also nice to be able to get a beer in the lobby after a long day of meetings. Very convenient to local restaurants as well.

Only concern was that the bed was way too soft, seemed like it was made of foam. I personally prefer standard mattresses, but thats just me. We'll plan on returning here when we are in town for business next.

My room had a large balcony overlooking the highway, which was very nice. I wish it had a chair out there though as I would have sat out there for a long time to unwind.

Shower pressure very good!

Room Tip: ask for a balcony room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manorville, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

Hotel is lovely, and well maintained. Like that there was a choice of pillows. The hotel was extremely clean and comfortable. I liked that there were two queen beds in the room, as we don't like sharing doubles at all. The rooms were a nice and roomy, with a good layout. Annoying next door neighbors woke us up too early the first day, but they were better the second day. The desk said I should let them know when it's happening next time. One other thing, if the hotel is booked for a graduation, or a big wedding...they should have more staff working the breakfast to keep the line moving. Overall nice hotel, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

My first experience was a line of 3 people waiting to checkin at 8PM and one person on the desk. After 15 mins of waiting and getting to the desk the reception given was less than pleasant, and not very helpful at all. Rooms are the new renovated style and clean/comfortable. The location is near the highway and after some tricky negiotation was given a room on the minor road side. Property needs some serious work on customer service in the evening. The following morning checkout was very nice and helpful, a complete 180. Overall it was fine for a one night stay

Room Tip: Highfloor room that does not sit near the highway, you will hear the traffic all night.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year. It is a convenient location for me, but I doubt that I will stay here again.

As a Marriott Gold level member, I expect a little upgrade in service. Both times I was not greeted as a Gold level member and have been given a room facing the highway which is quite noisy. I have had to go back to the desk and ask for a room overlooking the courtyard (they have balconies or patios as well which the street side does not). The rooms are fine except the conversations in adjoining rooms can be easily overheard. There was a small refrigerator (nice touch) in my room that I did not notice until I was packing to leave. The bathroom was pretty basic but functional. They only provided plastic cups in the rooms: a strange occurrence given that every other Courtyard I have stayed in (about 50) has had real glassware. The man in the bistro was kind enough to give me a cocktail glass and was very helpful in other ways. Breakfast came with my room rate and was filling and well cooked. Dinner menu options are limited to sandwiches, again a step down from the normal Courtyard. The pool is outdoors in the courtyard. It was not open yet, or at least I hope not because it was filthy. This is not a bad hotel; it just isn't quite up to par with other Courtyards. There is another Courtyard by the airport that I might try next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard. You might also ask for one with a large balcony (they var...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jegolf20
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

I have stayed at this property for years when I am traveling on business in the Greensboro area. This property has finally finished it extensive makeover and now has the new Courtyard decor.

This is an older Courtyard and has the initial design with the courtyard in the middle of the property, which I always liked. There is something pleasant about being able to sit on your balcony facing the courtyard or actually going down to the courtyard and pool area.

This property sits at the intersection of Wendover and I-40. So, you do get road noise. However, with everything closed, you don't really hear the traffic, especially in the rooms facing the courtyard. Plus, there are plenty of shopping and restaurant options in the area.

I had no issues with the staff. When I arrived, there was only 1 front desk person working and he was very involved with a customer that had multiple rooms with different start and end dates. He handled the situation well and was very apologetic for my wait and offered complimentary choice from the store, which I declined, but was a nice gesture.

This remains my "go to" property in Greensboro. The updated rooms are nice and the pricing for this property as a business traveler is very competitive.

Room recommendation - ask for a room facing the courtyard.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

I REALLY like this "Marriott" property because it is an ideal location for families and business travelers when they need to shop at major retailers and dine in at various restaurants nearby. The hotel's interior decor was upgraded to a modern/sleek look. The Staff are famous for their friendliness and knowledge expertise of the local area. The hotel food selection is very fresh tasting. The rooms are HUGE in my opinion and the view from their "Courtyard" patio/balcony is pleasant. I always have a comfortable/relaxing experience here that REJUVENATES me each and every hotel stay that I enjoy!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo