“Good Location but Poor Water Pressure”

Courtyard Greensboro
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here with the family while coming to visit the science center. The property itself is easy to get to and parking is not a problem. The front desk staff is nice but the only issue I had with them is that I asked for an extra towel and they said someone would bring one to me and nobody ever did. The employee at the bistro however made up for that and was really nice and attentive. As for the room, the water pressure in the shower was terrible. I ended up having to stay in there longer due to the lack of pressure. Not sure if this is isolated to the room we had or the entire place hence the 3 rating rather than less. There are plenty of restaurants near the property which makes the location really good. I probably would consider staying here next time while in the area but I would also consider other options.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Greensboro Courtyard during your recent trip to the Natural Science Center, and thank you for providing feedback about your experience with us! I was pleased to read that you found our location convenient and our staff to be friendly. However, I was disappointed that our front desk team failed to follow up on your request for extra towels and that the water pressure in your bathroom was unsatisfactory. I apologize for these issues, and I have shared your feedback with our team so that we can continue to improve our service and product. Our engineering team is investigting your report of low water pressure. Thank you again for staying and responding, and I hope you will consider our hotel for your next trip to Greensboro!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first trip to the Triad in 20 years. We came down to see my Alma Mater HPU. The young lady behind the desk was graduating from there and she was super nice. The hotel was right there in Downtown Greensboro and only 15 minutes from the College. Super amenities, great places to eat around the hotel including one of my favorites Cracker Barrel. The only negative was on Saturday, no one came in to our room to make the bed, or pick up the pile of wet towels on the bathroom floor and give us new ones.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Excellent location near GSO airport, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Loved the huge shower instead of bath tub. STARBUCKS coffee available to start off your morning. Can't go wrong with your stay, check out rates at several travel sites to get the best value.

Room Tip: Spacious rooms with sofa and desk in king sized bedrooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is my second time staying at this property. The first time was last September for two nights and this time was for one night. The location is very convenient to the company I visit and there are plenty or restaurants close by (mostly chain restaurants in this area). The room was clean, but could use an upgrade. The staff are very friendly when checking in. I did rememeber from last year that the outside facing rooms are very noisy, so I asked for a room facing the courtyard, but none were available. The property is in a small triangle of land with highway on one side and a busy road on the other. The bistro in the lobby has a nice selection of breakfast items as a reasonable cost. Overall, an ok stay, but I without being guaranteed a courtyard facing room I think I wil lbe looking for another option the next time I visit.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the courtyard for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear MPaulD,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Greensboro Courtyard by Marriott recently, and thank you for your review comments on Tripadvisor. We welcome feedback from our guests, as it helps us to improve our product and service. I do apologize that your room assignment was not completely satisfactory, and that we had no more interior rooms available at the time of your arrival. We recognize that the road noise is a disturbance for some of our guests, and the hotel actually will be replaceing the exterior room sliding glass doors and windows with upgraded sound proofing this year. Thank you for your kind words about the Bistro selection and the friendliness of our staff. I will be sure to share all of your comments with our team. I hope that we can serve you again on your next visit to our area - if you would like, feel free to contact me in advance and I will do my very best to assign an interior courtyard room for your stay.

Michael J Reynolds
Courtyard by Marriott Greensboro

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have stayed at this property several times and without fail they always do their very best. I had a special request and they were able to grant it. The operations manager and front desk staff were amazing. This property is located in a great location around everything you need from shopping, dining, and entertainment.

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms are great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Repitwa21,

Thanks so much for staying with us recently...I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Greensboro area, and that our staff was able to accommodate your needs so well! At Courtyard by Marriott, we strive to anticipate the needs of our guests and to deliver personalized service. It sounds like our Operations Manager Melba and our front desk staff all contributed to make this happen, and I have happily shared your kind comments with them. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

It had been a LONG day when I finally got to the hotel and was pleased to find good parking and more importantly the friendliest staff ever!!!
The friendly, positive attitude of the front desk folks seemed to recharge me.
The room was clean, quiet and cozy. No overuse of air freshener here!

• Stayed: January 2014
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear Cathrab28,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Greensboro Courtyard by Marriott! I will certainly pass along your kudos to our friendly and energizing staff. I am pleased that you found our accommodations both clean and cozy. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the Greensboro area!

Mike
The friendly, positive attitude of the front desk folks seemed to recharge me.
The room was clean, quiet and cozy. No overuse of air freshener here!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

It had been over 20 years since I last stayed at this Courtyard. It has been made over and does not look as old as it is. The room was decent & comfortable. Had breakfast in the AM which was decent - nothing great. Probably better off going to iHop across the street unless it comes with the room (as ours did).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple