“Favorite hotel in Greensboro”

Courtyard Greensboro
Ranked #28 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Fairfax, Virginia
“Favorite hotel in Greensboro”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Although they will not spoil you like they do at a B&B, the staff here are excellent, and the rooms are generally quite. HINT: Try to get a room not facing West Wendover Avenue. One of my favorite things is the TV lounge in the lobby, which is great to watch sporting events and chat with fellow travelers. Craig Herberg

Room Tip: Rooms not facing West Wendover Ave are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Avondale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've stayed at the Greensboro Marriott Courtyard a number of times on business and ... although it's not The Ritz Carlton (my favorite jewel in the Marriott crown) ... it is pleasant and clean and convenient and welcoming. This weeks happens to be Associate Appreciation Week at the hotel and (i) I was impressed that the hotel "advertised" this on their interactive service board; and (ii) the staff at this hotel DESERVES a focused level of appreciation - from management and from guests.

For me, an important measure of the quality of a hotel is the attitude/approach that its employees take with routine tasks. The folks who work here are obviously happy to have a job at a pleasant, gracious place and no matter what they may be doing (last evening, a very sweet young woman was pushing a laundry cart piled 9 feet high with linens from exiting guests. When I told her that she had my "sympathies" (since I loathe doing my own laundry) ... she chuckled, brushed-off the "sympathy" without giving it a thought and then proceeded to exhibit a pride and intensity and commitment to taking care of whatever the day housekeeping crew couldn't finish. Also, last night, the "bartender" in the hotel lobby packed me up a little "relax" package, complete with wine and glasses and ... everything about this gentleman screamed - "we are so very glad to have you hear".

Fancy? No. High-brow? No. Luxurious? No, at least not in attributes but YES in spirit!
Clean? Welcoming? Great location? All the comforts of home (including take-out/delivery menus)? A happy, hard-working staff?? YES!! YES!!! YES!!!! Well done, Greensboro Marriott! And to the tea - Happy Associate Appreciation Week - you DESERVE IT!!

Room Tip: Some first floor rooms open out to a "patio" area with tables and chairs. Although I didn...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I will preface this review by stating that I am a long-time Marriott Rewards member, and this was my initial stay at this Courtyard. If you are staying in Greenville, NC, the location of the property is very convenient to everything, and like all Courtyards I have stayed in, the value is very good. After an 8+ hour drive from central Alabama (Roll Tide!!!) we arrived after dark. The young lady at the front desk (Ashley) was quite professional & courteous, while at the same time way beyond friendly - the check-in process was very smooth. After placing our bags in the clean, quiet room, we went back to the lobby for a bite to eat. A kind gentleman (Derrick) was in the Bistro and took care of our meal and drinks. He too displayed an exceptionally courteous, friendly attitude. During our stay, the housekeeping staff was competent & courteous. The entire 3-night stay was superb. I don't have one negative comment, & I won't stay anywhere else in Greenville.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lumberton, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here with the family while coming to visit the science center. The property itself is easy to get to and parking is not a problem. The front desk staff is nice but the only issue I had with them is that I asked for an extra towel and they said someone would bring one to me and nobody ever did. The employee at the bistro however made up for that and was really nice and attentive. As for the room, the water pressure in the shower was terrible. I ended up having to stay in there longer due to the lack of pressure. Not sure if this is isolated to the room we had or the entire place hence the 3 rating rather than less. There are plenty of restaurants near the property which makes the location really good. I probably would consider staying here next time while in the area but I would also consider other options.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard Greensboro, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Greensboro Courtyard during your recent trip to the Natural Science Center, and thank you for providing feedback about your experience with us! I was pleased to read that you found our location convenient and our staff to be friendly. However, I was disappointed that our front desk team failed to follow up on your request for extra towels and that the water pressure in your bathroom was unsatisfactory. I apologize for these issues, and I have shared your feedback with our team so that we can continue to improve our service and product. Our engineering team is investigting your report of low water pressure. Thank you again for staying and responding, and I hope you will consider our hotel for your next trip to Greensboro!
Edgewood, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first trip to the Triad in 20 years. We came down to see my Alma Mater HPU. The young lady behind the desk was graduating from there and she was super nice. The hotel was right there in Downtown Greensboro and only 15 minutes from the College. Super amenities, great places to eat around the hotel including one of my favorites Cracker Barrel. The only negative was on Saturday, no one came in to our room to make the bed, or pick up the pile of wet towels on the bathroom floor and give us new ones.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
virginia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Excellent location near GSO airport, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Loved the huge shower instead of bath tub. STARBUCKS coffee available to start off your morning. Can't go wrong with your stay, check out rates at several travel sites to get the best value.

Room Tip: Spacious rooms with sofa and desk in king sized bedrooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hartford
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is my second time staying at this property. The first time was last September for two nights and this time was for one night. The location is very convenient to the company I visit and there are plenty or restaurants close by (mostly chain restaurants in this area). The room was clean, but could use an upgrade. The staff are very friendly when checking in. I did rememeber from last year that the outside facing rooms are very noisy, so I asked for a room facing the courtyard, but none were available. The property is in a small triangle of land with highway on one side and a busy road on the other. The bistro in the lobby has a nice selection of breakfast items as a reasonable cost. Overall, an ok stay, but I without being guaranteed a courtyard facing room I think I wil lbe looking for another option the next time I visit.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the courtyard for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mike R, General Manager at Courtyard Greensboro, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear MPaulD,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Greensboro Courtyard by Marriott recently, and thank you for your review comments on Tripadvisor. We welcome feedback from our guests, as it helps us to improve our product and service. I do apologize that your room assignment was not completely satisfactory, and that we had no more interior rooms available at the time of your arrival. We recognize that the road noise is a disturbance for some of our guests, and the hotel actually will be replaceing the exterior room sliding glass doors and windows with upgraded sound proofing this year. Thank you for your kind words about the Bistro selection and the friendliness of our staff. I will be sure to share all of your comments with our team. I hope that we can serve you again on your next visit to our area - if you would like, feel free to contact me in advance and I will do my very best to assign an interior courtyard room for your stay.

Mike