“Exceptional hotel with great service and a convenient location.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport
Ranked #14 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
ohio
“Exceptional hotel with great service and a convenient location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

We decided to stay at the Embassy Suites on our way back to Ohio from spending the week at the beach. Upon exiting the highway, you can see the property up on the hill from the exit ramp and it was easy to find. Check in was a bit slow as there was only one clerk, (the manager) but he was extremely helpful and accommodating. The open atrium lobby is nice and not at all busy or noisy considering the size. Everything was in close proximity to the elevators and very easy to find. The elevators were fast and uncrowded, which was especially nice considering it was a Saturday night and they had a wedding party in house. The manager noticed me looking around the corner at the front desk because I was considering asking him a question but I didn't want to bother him and he actually chased me down to see what I needed.

There were 8 of us traveling together and they provided us with adjoining rooms on the 4th floor.
The rooms were very open, modern and comfortable. There are nice flat screens tv's, the bathrooms are very nice and come with nice amenities. There is plenty of space in the living room with a sofabed, extra chair, large desk and some sitting chairs. There is a mini fridge, microwave, wet bar and coffee/tea maker. We had a room with two double beds and it was spacious and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. My only complaint with the rooms was that there was just one small, thin blanket for the sofabed, and when I called the front desk to ask for an extra comforter, I was told: "We don't usually loan comforters." and that was that. Personally, I think they should have come up with the comforter..It's little things like this that make you feel taken care of and more likely to want to return.

As far as the manager's reception, if you are even remotely hungry, make sure you don't count on this for a meal. The offering was meager. There were crackers, some sort of cream cheese dip, pretzels and veggies with ranch dressing. The bar was adequate and there was no drink limit although the bartender told me to "bring back girlfriends and make sure they have purses." I'm assuming this refers to tips?

The pool area was nice but the hot tub was small. For some reason every time we book a hotel with a hot tub, it's never working. This stay was no exception, as the jets were broken.

All in all, this was a good stay and I would recommend the property. The only things that bothered us could easily be fixed with a tweak or two.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank suezinohio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Western Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Check in was slow, only one person working the front desk. Loved the free breakfast. Also free drinks and snacks for 2 hours the night we checked in. Was nice but crowded. Our room was spacious and clean, granite vanity and counter tops was nice. There was a big burn on our carpet and the couch looked a little dirty but otherwise we loved our room. Wifi is an additional charge.

Room Tip: We stayed lower so we could use the stairs. The elevator gets very busy around check in and in the...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

Embassy Suites is my favorite hotel chain because of their spacious suites, nightly manager's reception, and delicious breakfasts. The only disappointment here was the 2 drink limit I've found at all the NC locations. The hotel is conveniently located near the airport.

• Stayed July 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Embassy Suites overall, and especially in the smaller markets, have outpriced themselves relative to their value. The property is nice, but not top shelf, food is adequate but not overwhelming, and the amenities can be found at more reasonably priced hotels. I am a past fan of Embassy Suites, and have stayed in lots of locations all over the world, but I no longer consider them my first choice, and many times, not even my second choice. The managers receoption is a perk, as is the breakfast, but still not worth the price to me.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I love the staying at hilton's embassy suites chain. This is a older embassy. The service was nice but rooms need a make over. They are on the stuffy side. Clean and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed at this property for one night on June 2, 2012. Hotel personnel were professional and welcoming. Check in was quick and without problems. Room was spotless and everything worked as expected. Beds were very comfortable. Food in the hotel dining room was very good and staff were helpful and knew their menu well. Cooked to order omelets for breakfast were prepared without any wait and were very good. No problems at checkout. Would definitely stay at this hotel on future visits to Greensboro.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel 1 night for business, and it was a pleasure. The hotel is open and airy with a nice waterfall in the center - a great aid for sleep! The breakfast and dining area were very nice, too. Room was clean, very spacious, and the coffee setup in the room was one of the best I've ever had. For the business traveler the free WiFi is great, but I needed to print some documents. The business center is very well equipped, the computers have all of the Microsoft Office products, and they are connected to a speedy laser printer. Best of all - it was all free! An attendant actually came in as I was printing and put more paper in the printer. I have a lot of trips scheduled to Greensboro, and I'll definitely stay here again. Very nice hotel and experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business