Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport
Ranked #14 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Greensboro, United States
“Week End”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

One word Great stay. My wife and I really had a nice time at the Embassy Greensboro getting away from the every day routine. We really look forward to coming back. The staff was so friendly, It was everything we expected and more. Thanks for our getaway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Howard,

We appreciate you making us a stop on your personal getaway, and taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff and accomodations. I look forward to sharing your words with our team, and to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Longmont, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

As usual, the staff and accommodations of the hotel are excellent value for the price. Convenient location. The evening 'guest reception' is always nice relaxation time...Try the Loaded Chips - fantastic!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Victor,

We appreciate you making us a stop on your travels, and taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for all of the wonderful compliments about our service, location and our services.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Reservations were handled seamlessly and received discount for conference. Hotel very clean and nice layout. Check in was easy and quick. Manager's reception had great snacks. Morning breakfast was superb great layout for sleeping rooms. Highly recommend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gerald N
Dear Gerald,

We appreciate you making us a part of your conference, and taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments about the reservation process, check in, and complimentary services.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice hotel, clean rooms. No free wifi. I can't imagine a hotel these days charging for internet. As a business traveler wifi is important. I will not pay when lower quality hotels here in the U.S. and abroad don't charge. I would most likely have spent more time and money at the bar or on room service at the hotel had I been able to do some of my work from there. A deal breaker for me. I won't return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Dave,

Thank you for your compliments on our hotel, including the cleanliness. I appreciate that some of the limited service properties tend to not charge, and understand how frustrating it can be that the full survice industry still charges. The next time you are in the area, please ask for me at the front desk, here at the Embassy Suites Hotel Greensboro-Airport.

Kannapolis, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We often stay at this hotel when we want to go off into the Va. Mountains for a ride. The room was great, the breakfast was delicious (chef was very personable) and we had an overall great stay. The front desk was very helpful when something we had pre ordered was not in the room. They replaced it free of charge.

Room Tip: Corner suites are huge!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Paul and Cynthia,

Thank you so much for making us a part of your relaxing weekend. We also appreciate your time on sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our team, expecially the Front Desk & Breakfast.

We hope you make us a stop on your travels to those beautiful VA Mountains. My wife and I travel to Roanoke, & Hike around the Blue Ridge there. It's a great weekend escape.

We look forward to then next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I made a reservation to stay here one night to break up a long drive, but I wish I had kept driving. The room they gave us absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke, like someone had been chain smoking in there for weeks. It was so bad that as soon as I opened the door I turned around and went back to the front desk to ask if I had been given a smoking room by mistake. The front desk staff assured me that the whole hotel was nonsmoking and that was not possible. They also said that the hotel was completely booked and they could not give me a different room. They did not offer to do anything to compensate me for the room or to try to address the issue. Honestly, I don't think air freshener or febreeze would have helped, but I would have appreciated it if they had at least tried. I mentioned the issue at checkout as well and again nothing was done to address the situation.

I am not hyper sensitive to smoke, but even I felt like I couldn't breath in that room. I was up most of the night coughing and the smell was so pervasive that I never became desensitized to the smell. It was completely unacceptable. What's worse, everything I brought into the hotel with me smelled like smoke when I left. I had to do laundry as soon as I got to my final destination.

I was terribly disappointed in the room and the hotel's response. As a whole, the hotel seemed to have a lot going for it. The room was larger than I expected, the bed was very comfortable, things looked clean (except for the cigarette burns in the curtains of the supposedly nonsmoking room), and the included breakfast exceeded my expectations. Had it not been for the overwhelming smell of smoke in my room, I would have given the hotel a very favorable rating. Unfortunately, the room I was given was simply unacceptable and absolutely no effort was made to remedy the situation or address my concerns.

Room Tip: As stupid as it sounds, if you're going to stay here, I would recommend requesting a non-smoking...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank noodlenj
Dear Noodlenj,

Thank you for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of the constructive feedback, and hope you allow us the opportunity to redeem our service levels.

I will follow up, with our team, as continue to embrace the "Make It Right" culture and attitude. I am sorry we didn't reflect the level of empathy, and offer any type of recovery. These will be the specific examples that I will share with the team.

I look forward to sharing your words with our leadership team, and hope we get another opportunity to have you back in our hotel. If you do, please call me. I'd love the opportunity to thank you & apologize personally. 336-668-4535 X7811

North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The managers reception was a big let down. The bartender had to make the drinks, replinish the food and clean the tables, one person should not be required to do all of that. The quality of food was poor, the amount was insufficent for the number of people in the hotel. Hotel did not return to rooms receiving roomservice to remove dishes, they remained in the hall until housekeeping started cleaning rooms the next day. The pull-out couch needs better mattresses that are at least 5 inches thick for a better nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear KayJayS,

I will follow up to see if it was a day that we may have had a call out, someone out for the week, or if we just didn't schedule appropriately, and review with my team. It appears from the comment of the food, that we were un prepared all around. I say that, because it's not our norm. Even with the (2) drink limitation from the State, our scores are above Brand Average for the past 7 months.
I am sorry that you didn't experience that. Gail is always creatively coming up with different & new ideas. I will review the time fram you were here & appreciate your communication.

We have recently (Last Thursday) implemented a Room Service Tray Pickup Log Binder to ensure a number of pickups & logging the times. This should assist in what you noted.

I look forward to sharing your words with our leadership team, and hope we get a next opportunity to have you back in our hotel. If you do, please call me. I'd love the opportunity to thank you & apologize personally. 336-668-4535 X7811