Greensboro-High Point Marriott Airport
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 September 2009

During our visit to NC, we had to travel in several different directions over three days, so we chose this hotel as a central base. We were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very well maintained and is very clean.

Rooms were well-appointed. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and were surprised at the low prices....although we found prices in NC were generally much lower than in metropolitan Philadelphia.

All in all, this is an excellent choice for an airport hotel.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YoPhilly

Reviewed 28 September 2009

I was in Greensboro for a business convention at the Coliseum. 2 night stay booked through hotels.com. For some reason the front desk could not find our reservation. It took them about 15 minutes to figure it out but for the inconvenience offer us free buffet breakfast passes for 2 for BOTH days. The breakfast was awesome btw! Waffles and Omelets made to order and then a good size spread of other hot foods (eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes..) Cereals, Pastries, Bagels, Yogurt, Etc... you get the idea. The hotel and room were very clean and modern. The bed was very comfortable, nice flat screen tv. Overall very impressed. It can be a little tricky finding the hotel if it's your first time or you are driving at night. Just follow the signs for PTI Airport and then you will see the 2nd blue sign to make a left into the hotel area.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank tommatas3
Reviewed 8 September 2009

This Marriott is a great hotel and we would stay there in the future. The location was a little hard to find from the main highway (mainly due to our GPS not recognizing the road), but if you head to the airport, you will find it. It is actually on airport property. I don't know if that airport has minimal air traffic or not, but we didn't hear one plane during our stay.

Check in was a breeze and the staff was very accomodating. Even when I called at 11:30pm to find out who would deliver to the hotel, they researched and gave me the number for two pizza places that delivered to us at that late hour. The beds were extremely comfortable with lots of pillows and the requests I placed online prior to our stay were fulfilled. Everything was very clean and the room was spacious enough. We had a room on the 6th and top floor and had a nice view of the wooded area and pool. Also, the breakfast buffet was very nice and tasted great! The fitness center was a very good size for a hotel gym and was empty when we went in there. The ellipticals even had their own individual TV's on them.

Overall, for the price we paid and the comfortable and accomodating services, this hotel is top notch. We were not in the area to catch a flight, but was glad we drove a little out of the main city to stay here and we would do it again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tkg04d
Reviewed 6 September 2009

Nice Hotel. Very Very friendly staff. Quiet. 5 minutes from airport.

1  Thank jcwstep11
Reviewed 23 August 2009

After traveling through the Carolinas and Savannah, I chose this hotel because of its convenient location to GSO and the great Expedia rate. Upon entering the lobby I was completely disarmed. Check in was friendly and efficient. My room was adequate, quiet, and the bed extremely comfortable. Room service was quick and the food surprisingly good (Shrimp cocktail, Cesar salad, and a crisp Sauvignon Blanc). My wake call came at the appointed hour and off I went for an early morning flight.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2009

What a nice surprise! The GSO Airport Marriott is among the chain's older hotels (built in 1983), but it has been renovated (2009) and very well-maintained. Rooms are on the smaller side but very nicely furnished with a large flat-screen TV, Marriott's Revive bed, beautiful bathroom, and all of the electronic ports, cable hookups, and outlets you could ever need.

Service is great, and my check-in was the fastest I have EVER experienced in a hotel... less than a minute. She swiped my card, gave me my keys, and I was on my way. Room service breakfast was very good and VERY affordable... no more than I would pay at any restaurant outside the hotel.

Hotel is located in a wooded area overlooking a beautiful swimming pool and small lake but is on airport property and easily accessed by shuttle which will have you at the terminal in 5 minutes. It's actually a great place to stay even if you're not there to catch a flight.

Note: Ask for a room on an upper floor. My room was on the 3rd floor, and I had no view... at all. Just a window looking out onto an HVAC unit.

Also, there is a note in the room advertising "wired-for-business" Internet at $12.95 a day, but I connected using my wireless laptop for free.

Reviewed 21 August 2009

Nice hotel, renovated in the last year or so. Smiling staff. Rooms OK, very little airport noise. Lots of flight crews stay here so be ready for them coming and going most of the night.

I had to get a copy of my bill asap from accounting office and as of this writing, more than 8 hours after request, I do not have it. Thus I will have to pay for this stay out of my pocket, since company books closed about an hour ago. (No one is apparently working in Hotel Accounting on Fridays).

This sums up my feeling about this place. Smiling faces, but ask for something out of the ordinary and it is not going to be delivered.

1  Thank BarefootTom