“What Fabulous service And with a smile”

Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #37 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Reading, United Kingdom
“What Fabulous service And with a smile”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The minute we walked inn, Jay made us more than welcome the rooms were lovely everywhere was exceptionally clean the pool and surrounding are was very inviting. The evening meal was good and all the staff were very friendly. As a night stop we couldn't have asked for better. Thank you Holiday Inn

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MItch H, Owner at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Good Day John A and welcome to the the US!
I speak for us and especially for Jay how much we appreciate your wonderful comments. It is indeed a personal reward and an outstanding note of Jay's commitment to make his/our hotel your hotel of first choice.
I hope you have a remarkable remainder of your journey and have hopes you may come back to see us once again.
Thank you.
Cordially,
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Apr 23, 2014 Nan Ekari L

we book a hotel on a weekday just to enjoy a theater movie in a room with our little one, book thru 1800 and said grantee to have the pay per view channels, but on arrival it is not available. 1800 staff said breakfast included, but nx morning we were kicked out from the bar said we dont have that service cos we dont ask for that. end up we drive down to macdonal to have breakfast.
last not least, i wanted to have a hot coffee without i brewing by myself, with cup cream, they said they dont have coffee available at night. huh???every holiday inn has it, but not u???

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Nan Ekari L:
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I was wondering which 1800 number you called to get the information you based your choice of hotel was? Our goal is to have each guest satisfied with their stay, however we have not had pay per view movies or provided free breakfast in several years. This concerns me since your stay was not up to your expectations.

Please forward that information to me If you are able. As always we appreciate your comments and have hopes that these issues can be resolved as soon as possible.

Advance, NC
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I should start by saying that I have stayed in this hotel on two prior occasions and had a great stay. This trip was a little disappointing. It wasn't entirely the hotel fault, as we were in town the same weekend as a local basketball tournament was taking place. The place was packed. There were constantly people outside our door having loud conversations and there was even a dog, in the room next door, that continuously barked and whined. I should have also read the room description more carefully, prior to booking. The double beds were really small for two adults. It didn't make for a comfortable night of sleep. It would have been nice to have had queen beds. It just wasn't the best stay. I would still consider staying here again though, but next time we will need to book two rooms to comfortably accommodate four adults.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Good Morning Nkotberin:
Thank you taking time out to write your comments. I understand how disappointing a stay could be with rowdy crowds celebrating basketball games. However I do appreciate that you have stayed with us previously and would come back again. Thank you for your comments.
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We used one of the conference rooms to celebrate my son's 1st birthday party and it was a perfect solution. We got the BBQ buffet, chocolate cake, and apple pie and everything was delicious. The room was great for setting up our Xbox Kinect on the projector screen. The entire staff was very helpful and courteous and I had a very positive experience with Dana, the Catering Sales Manager, as we went through the reservation process. I would highly recommend them for any meeting, conference, or party.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly appreciate your business and Happy Birthday to your Son!!

Cordially,
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

While traveling to Raleigh we stopped for the night in Greensboro. Clean and newly remodeled lobby. Friendly staff. Room wasn't lavish but it was nice for the night especially for the price. Convenient location for the traveler. Hallway had an odd smell in the morning, must be from breakfast in the lobby. We didn't have time to look for breakfast. It wasn't out front so we didn't go searching for it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
MissDMarie, Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear WmTip:
Thank you for your kind and friendly comments. We appreciate your thoughts and time to submit this review. I hope you will visit us again.
Sincerely....
cary
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I got this hotel through Priceline. But because I got this through Priceline they would not give me a double even though the hotel was nowhere near full. I did not argue as the attendant "tried" and doesn't make the rules.
Hotels that do not like Priceline customers should not offer their rooms for bidding.
Room was good, location was good, the food place charges $9.95 for breakfast. The breakfast consisted of food similar to embassy suites.
I would stay here again but treating Priceline customers as less than normal paying customers, I will not consider nor will I recommend to other people as my first choice.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear JohnKim575:
Thank you for your input on your review. We appreciate your concerns and wish for you to know that we also appreciate all booking agencies that send us guests for a comfortable nights stay. I apologize that we were not able to meet your needs and have hopes that you will stay with us again in the near future.

charlotte, nc
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Recently stayed a few nights on business. The hotel has gone through recent renovations and it is well decorated and comfortable. I had a large, comfortable clean room and was pleased overall with the room.

The bathroom is another story. It is somewhat confined and the sink and cabinet is too large for the space as it crowds the commode. My real issue is that both sink faucets ran HOT water ...not warm or room temp, the cold faucet runs cold for a few seconds then it becomes hot. Thinking the lines were reversed, I ran the hot faucet to see if it was cold...no luck, it ran hot as well. As I was leaving for the day the next morning! I told Dave the problem and asked that it be addressed while I was out for the day (and explained that despite the do not disturb sign on the door, I would not be in and to please have maintenance go in and repair the sink). Of course, when I returned that night, the faucet had not been repaired nor was I given any explanation why it could not be. When I checked out the next morning, I again advised Dave that the sink was not repaired and he simply looked at me and said "sorry about that."

The best part of my experience was Asha the bartender. She was more than friendly and very knowledgeable of cocktails, drink combinations, etc. Even watching her with the other guests, she was friendly and efficient with all (even recognizing repeat patrons my face and/or name).

There was a slight odor on the second floor (where my room was located)...my guess it is just the fact it is an old hotel recently renovated. However, the hotel should but a wall socket fragrance or mister in the hall to take care of the odor (it is not an overpowering stench, but it is not a noticeable odor).

I got a SUPER PRICE from one of the travel sites...given the posted rates on the hotel website, it is definitely NOT worth the regular rate....you can spend your money better elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank carolinasunshine13
MissDMarie, Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your input about your stay with us. I apologize for the inconsistency of our hot water issue, but please know that we were working on it diligently each day until Saturday. Your comfort and satisfaction is our highest priority and any part of your stay that isn't one hundred percent great is our disappointment as well.

I certainly appreciate the bravo for Asha. She is a great employee and I'm very happy that she made a part of your stay pleasant.

Indeed comments like yours helps us become hospitality professionals. We do appreciate your business and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host your stay again.

Thank you.