“Great Customer Service!”

Ranked #37 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Sunset Beach, North Carolina
“Great Customer Service!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Jay and Dave were two of the best in customer service I have ever met! We stayed here so we could use the shuttle to the airport not realizing it did not run on Sunday. Jay called a taxi for us when we found this out--at no charge to us! When I tried to print our boarding pass and could not, Dave volunteered to do it for me! I have never met two nicer guys and they always had smiles on their faces and seemed so eager to help. Each time we saw them, they asked "can we help you with anything". We will definitely stay here anytme we use the Greensboro airport. Our grandson loved the recently refinished outdoor pool as well! Thank you guys for making our stay so enjoyable! You deserve an award!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear beachmimi11:
Thank you so much for your rave reviews about Jay and Dave, what a team. We certainly appreciate your kind thoughts and wonderful rating. We hope to see you and again, and hopefully your grandson will get to use the pool again.
Thanks once again.
Mitch High, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Lobby is new and very clean. Front desk staff is good and very friendly. Rooms are fair to poor. Gym seems to have been updated but equipment has not. Two of the three treadmills were not working. Restaurant was horrible. Bar service the first night was lousy. Bartender was focused more on her phone than being friendly to the guests. The next morning was the worst hotel restaurant experience I have ever had. Horrible service, horrible food!!! The worst part was the manager hid in the back instead of coming out and rectifying the situation.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank cgreg97
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Cgreg97:
I was so disappointed at the service you received during your stay. I would wish we could have the opportunity to make things right before you left, however it seemed those intentions didn't come to volition. Please accept my sincere apologies and I know that your words have touched each and everyone of us at the hotel. Thank you for the time you took to recount your stay experience with us.

Cordially,
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Holiday Inn was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. The lobby appears to have been recently remodeled. This is a nice hotel for a short stay or a week long trip. I would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Sheila C:
Thank you so much for your four star rating of our hotel. We are certainly pleased you had a pleasant stay and have hopes you will come back and visit us once again.

Mitch High GM
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hotel is lovely- looks updated. Room was great, spacious. Carpet looks a little worn but bed was incredibly comfortable & bathroom was a nice size. Jay at the front desk checked us in & is the most memorable part of our stay! He was incredibly personable, chatted with us & thanked us for my husband's military service. Our experience at the bar for dinner & restaurant for breakfast was just so-so both times. Convenient to have on site especially as we were traveling with a dog & didn't want to go far but the bartender in the evening was very standoffish, more concerned with her phone than the customers and even though we were there well before closing she seemed put out by us. Food was great for breakfast but service a little slow as the dining room waitress also was the room service server. The cook actually came and got us coffee and took our order. A little unconventional for sure!

• Stayed May 2014
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear AMS1221:
Thank you for your excellent rating. I also wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences at my hotel. Please rest assured all of your concerns are ours, and will be addressed. Jay will be mentioned in our meetings and we will share your comments and congratulate him on a job well done.
Thanks again.
Sincerelly,
Mitch High GM
hamptonroads
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was worried when we arrived in a stinky supposedly non-smoking 2 bed room, but pleasantly surprised when they accommodated us with 2 rooms with King beds that were really non-smoking at no additional charge. It was a bit noisy, but our rooms were by the pool entrance. Overall great experience...would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hey Kikinit:
Thanks for staying at our hotel, and many thanks for the excellent review. I know the kids were a bit rowdy that weekend, but then it was soccer weekend in town. We tried our very best to keep the noise down, but then again they were having a great time.
Thanks so much for your five star rating. We certainly appreciate your business.
Cordially,
Lexington, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed for 2 nights during the week of May 11th and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the property was inside and outside as well. The rooms were very clean and updated. The food in the restaurant was very good, no complaints at all. I was worried about traffic noise since it is so close to the interstate, but I never heard anything while in my room......

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Good Day Marty H:
Thanks so much for your four star rating for our hotel and your comments. I appreciate hearing from our travelers and want our hotel to be your hotel of choice. Come back and see us!
Thanks
Berryville, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff at this hotel is very friendly! Our stay was over Memorial Day weekend. The noise level must be good because there were tons of kids there for a soccer tournament, but not once did we hear them while sleeping. I am a little sensitive to smells and there was a mildew smell in our room, but I never called about it, so that is on me and not hotel management. I can say that after promising my 4yo all way down (5hour drive) that we would be jumping in the pool as soon as we checked in I was VERY disappointed that the pool was not open yet. There was an issue with the city and filtration requirements. I am completely understanding of this, but an email with that news could have saved me a lot of trouble dealing with my son.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Good Morning Wonderfulshana:
Thank you for your kind review about our hotel. I am sorry that your son couldn't swim. We were arranging all sorts of venues to help soften the blow, of which we didn't realize until the day before you arrived. It is a brand new pool! Regardless, it is approved now and we hope you will come back to visit us and allow us to host your son in our very nice pool. Thanks again.