“Nice clean room, but minor problem with TV, Phone and Hot water”

Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 11 July 2014

No hot water the first night and phone was dead the whole three day stay. Biggest problem was digital channels did not work in my room (No HBO).I had to wait two days to get someone to fix it. Overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear J s,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the inconvenience the TV and hot shower may have caused. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 July 2014

When I checked in, I was told that the hot water was off but would be restored by 8 p.m. (not a problem--everyone has issues now and then).

Later in the evening, I went looking for some soda (I couldn't remember where the desk clerk said the machines were). I ended up in the lobby, where the clerk reminded me that the machine is on the 4th floor, but there was also a machine right in the lobby. He thought the soda might be a little more here than upstairs, so I told him I'd go upstairs. He said I had been so kind with regard to the water issue, he wanted me to have a complimentary bottle of Coke. What a nice gesture!

I'll definitely return . . .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Good Morning Friends:
Thank you so much for your excellent review of our property. It is indeed a pleasure to hear great things from our guests. We hope you may return and choose our hotel as your hotel of first choice.
Mitch High GM

Reviewed 23 June 2014

While traveling, stopped in for one night stay. Reasonable rate, good location, and great customer service. Mr. McKivett at the front desk made sure we had everything we needed for a great night't rest. Thank you.

Room Tip: Our room faced the back parking lot and we could not hear the highway at all.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Fascinateu:
Thank you very much for your kind remarks and identifying one of our associates for great service. It is truly pleasing to hear that we have taken care of our guests to their complete satisfaction. Thanks again and we hope to see you back in Greensboro soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. I'll break down pros and cons:

Pros: staff was super friendly and genuinely cared about my stay. This was true from the front desk to management to the cleaning staff. All were great.

Shout to my boi Jay who was awesome from the way he first greeted me to forming a bond with me as a customer and just genuinely making the stay better because of his great attitude and customer focus.

Bed was pretty nice. Enjoyed sleepy time.

Cons: I want to give a disclaimer and say I think it was just a rough week for this place, and because of the staff I would consider going back here to stay.

First room smelled. The front desk guy came right up and agreed. We came up with a description involving a dirty diapey crossed with iodine and natural gas. Either way I got a new non stinky room within 5 minutes so the service was great.

They ran out of laundry detergent. Now I hate doing laundry in hotels but sometimes ya gotta. The front desk dude was apologetic and super nice about it but I said "don't sweat it broski I'll get some at Target" ...fast forward a few hours I return after a successful trip to target after procuring my detergent only to find...a washer out of order sign on their washing machine--womp womp. Oh well, the lady who seemed to be a manager was super nice and got me directions to a nearby laundromat.

Vending machine broke on my floor. I was on the 4th floor way in the back so I had to walk (I am lazy. This is america) down to the first floor lobby where they got this little store be selling Gatorade's and snackiez and what not....well they ran out of cold wah-wah. However my faithful bro Jay to the rescue once again hooked me up with a room temp water free of charge.

Guess those really aren't that bad of things I am just being picky.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank judthestudo2
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear judthestudo2:
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. Indeed we had several missteps that were not large, but enough to make one's day more difficult than necessary.. Please accept my apology for the difficulties you had. I assure you we will address those issues and do better the next time you stay. Thanks so much for your input.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Jay and Dave were two of the best in customer service I have ever met! We stayed here so we could use the shuttle to the airport not realizing it did not run on Sunday. Jay called a taxi for us when we found this out--at no charge to us! When I tried to print our boarding pass and could not, Dave volunteered to do it for me! I have never met two nicer guys and they always had smiles on their faces and seemed so eager to help. Each time we saw them, they asked "can we help you with anything". We will definitely stay here anytme we use the Greensboro airport. Our grandson loved the recently refinished outdoor pool as well! Thank you guys for making our stay so enjoyable! You deserve an award!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear beachmimi11:
Thank you so much for your rave reviews about Jay and Dave, what a team. We certainly appreciate your kind thoughts and wonderful rating. We hope to see you and again, and hopefully your grandson will get to use the pool again.
Thanks once again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Lobby is new and very clean. Front desk staff is good and very friendly. Rooms are fair to poor. Gym seems to have been updated but equipment has not. Two of the three treadmills were not working. Restaurant was horrible. Bar service the first night was lousy. Bartender was focused more on her phone than being friendly to the guests. The next morning was the worst hotel restaurant experience I have ever had. Horrible service, horrible food!!! The worst part was the manager hid in the back instead of coming out and rectifying the situation.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank cgreg97
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Cgreg97:
I was so disappointed at the service you received during your stay. I would wish we could have the opportunity to make things right before you left, however it seemed those intentions didn't come to volition. Please accept my sincere apologies and I know that your words have touched each and everyone of us at the hotel. Thank you for the time you took to recount your stay experience with us.

Cordially,
Mitch High
GM

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Holiday Inn was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. The lobby appears to have been recently remodeled. This is a nice hotel for a short stay or a week long trip. I would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
MItch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Sheila C:
Thank you so much for your four star rating of our hotel. We are certainly pleased you had a pleasant stay and have hopes you will come back and visit us once again.

Mitch High GM