“Nice & Quiet”

Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Franklin, Tennessee
“Nice & Quiet”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This was my forst time at Double Tree and it was pretty good, we usually go to Hampton Inn. but we were in the area for a swim meet and the team had booking there. Very comfy the rooms were a good size and the bed very comfortable. The servie was not as attentive as i was expecting. The pool had no towels (we had to ask). The room does not have small refregirator or microwave which would be a nice touch. The breakfast was at the restaurant which was not well run, look undertrained & not staffed properly. The restaurant felt more like a night sport bar than a restaurant, we opted to breakfast out on the second morning. Other than than it was a nice stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Richard S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
I'm very happy that your overall first experience went well. I am disappointed however that your needs weren't met with the invigorating attention that we are known for. We will be sure to have towels available at the pool going forward and we are working very hard to improve guests experiences in our restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to share with us. Happy Holidays!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hilton booked me into this hotel since the local Hilton Garden Inn was full (last minute reservation). I was a little leery about its location right next to I-40 but I didn't really hear any traffic noise (just some sirens).

Bed was very comfy and room was clean. The hotel looks like it has been refurbished pretty recently. No problem hooking up to the in-room wireless. Bar/restaurant was fine - good atmosphere and reasonable prices.

Minor issue was when I went to print my boarding pass for the return flight - one printer didn't print anything and the other was running low on toner (but it was legible enough that I got through security and onto the plane!).

There's no room fridge but there is a coffeemaker, although a more traditional type (not a Keurig).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hello and thank you. You are right; our location and amenities make great accommodations for the business traveler. You might be interested to know that our area along High Point Road is part of a multi-million dollar re-investment project in the works to re-envision and re-vitalize Greensboro's tourism district. I hope you will stay with us again and stay tuned to some great changes coming soon. I have made our Guest Services Manager aware of the printer issue and she is on top of it. Thank you again and Happy Holidays!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Very nice hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and gave me a nice rest for the evening. Clean bathroom and enough towels were given. The only suggestion for this location is to add a continental breakfast. Most hotels offer this now and it is very convenient for travelers. There is a restaurant adjacent to the hotel, but the prices were kind of high with slow service.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that your stay was pleasant. It's displeasing to hear that your restaurant service was slow. I will be sure to make our new F&B Director aware of this experience so that we can improve. Also, we are working on some package deals to include breakfast in the future. Stay tuned for details. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
Wendell, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Location was great and service and stay was great. Enjoyed drinks in the bar after dinner. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I had coffee in the room the next morning that was great. I had everything I needed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Richard S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for the review Tammy. We are very happy to hear that your stay was great! I see that you were here for a conference. Our location, size and amenities make us a perfect fit for those attending an outside conference or holding one on site. Did you get to experience any of the great local attractions while here? We hope to see you again soon. Happy holidays!
Queens, New York
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Very enjoyable and stress free. Nicely appointed rooms, front desk was attentive and responsive. The complimentary breakfast was good but just one little issue: as the covers on the buffet are always left open, the food tends to to be cool to cold when you serve yourself. Disclaimer: I am a HiltonHonors Diamond holder.

Season’s Greetings Rob!

I was excited to read your review and learn that you are a Diamond Hilton Honors member. As a Diamond member you are very familiar with the benefits of the Hilton Honors program and your review is a testament to that. I love to see guests sign up and take advantage of those points! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back again soon. I am going to share your concern about the food with our Food and Beverage Director. We want to ensure that the food in our J. Butler’s Restaurant is at its best for every patron. Thank you for the review and have a wonderful holiday season!
Boone, United States
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Booked last minute since Hampton Inn was full, for the money, a poor to fair experience at best. No room fridge, food was average at best. Bed comfortable, but hard to regulate temp in room. Just an average experience, for what should have been an above average experience given how much they charged for this room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the review Jeff. I am so very sorry to hear that your experience was only fair at best. I see that you mentioned the lack of a refrigerator as one of the disappointments. You will be happy to know that we do have them available on request. I do need some information from you so that we can correct any thermostat problems with the room you stayed in. Your experience should have been nothing short of excellent. Our culture is about warm and inviting experiences that leaves a lasting impression with each guest. I deeply apologize that this was not your experience. I hope you will give us and the DoubleTree by Hilton brand another chance to show you that we are unmatched in hospitality.
SAINT AUGUSTINE
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The front desk associate was very helpful and patient at check in. The waitress at breakfast did a good job clearing plates and providing beverage refills. However, the most helpful service was delivered after checkout. I forgot an item in the room and was able to have the item sent to my home the same day I called to report the forgotten item. This DoubleTree is a standard full service hotel. One issue with room 1215 is a slow shower drain. The water backs up as soon as the water is turned on. The maid should notice this issue when she cleans the tub and have the drain cleared.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Richard S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you had such a good interaction with our staff. Such news is the reason that we are in this industry as we love to serve. We have dispatched our maintenance team to correct the drainage issue in your room. Have a wonderful holiday season!