“Bed Bugs Double Tree? Really?”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro
Ranked #24 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Centreville, United States
“Bed Bugs Double Tree? Really?”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was at NC for a Wedding Coordinator's conference and stayed one night. I managed to come home with 15 bed bug bites. I have never imagined a premier brand like DoubleTree would have bed bug problems. What's worse is the staff's reactions to my complaints. When I called back to inform them, they didn't return my calls immediately. When they finally called back, they did not apologize at first. They just promised to investigate. I eventually got a refund for the stay, but now, I'm looking at spending a few hundred to hire a exterminator.

1 Thank Sung R
DTManager, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Sung R,
We apologize for the very unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is very important to us and is always a focal point of our property operations. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention and are working to make sure the problem is addressed. Please do not hesiate to contact to me directly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Houston, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Great room. King bed was great and comfy. Location close to many restaurants and to job fair. Enjoyed the cookie. Only stayed one night but would gladly stay again. Will book Doubletree for vacation too.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Richard S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
We are pleased with your reported experience. I see that you are planning to stay with DoubleTree by Hilton for your vacation. Are you a member of the Hilton Honors Loyalty Program? If you are planning on staying again, you can get points for every dollar spent and those points add up quickly towards great rewards! Also check us out on Facebook for our local hotel in Greensboro for local happenings.
Winterville, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Whenever I have to travel to this area for work I normally stay at this hotel. It is very convenient to stay here because of the attached restaurant. This trip I felt like the restaurant and hotel let me down. The restaurant was under staffed and out of different foods. I also had a dirty glass in my room and there was a lot of noise in the hallway. Hopefully they will get these issues worked out soon and I will love it again!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the feedback. I sincerely apologize for the mishaps during your stay. I believe you may have stayed during the winter storm which caused some staffing issues along with some food delivery issues. We do not accept that as an excuse but a learning opportunity as we strive to maintain the highest level of service possible. I hope that this recent experience will not waiver your loyalty and that you will give us another chance to win back your good impression. Again, thank you for your feedback as it is with utmost importance that we learn from our mistakes. Have a great week!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The facility sits right in the middle of perhaps the busiest section of Greensboro and it stands out in many positive ways - services, room comfort, food, responsiveness. The front desk staff welcomed me as a Hilton Honors member and treated me like it was my first time staying at the property, explaining the layout and the facility in detail. They asked how they could make my stay better, inquired about what I and my family might need. When we had an issue with our room the Guest Services Manager responded personally and helped us change rooms, offering her and her staff. She dropped what she was doing and actually made it her personal mission to ensure we were satisfied with our stay. I felt like the whole facility and people associated carried the same attitude. In this area of Greensboro you can find a wide variety of service levels due to the fact that people have to stay near the coliseum. Frankly some facilities know this and just kind of dial it in in terms of service. But the Doubletree by Hilton will be my first choice for business or personal reasons. Hilton is generally excellent but this Doubletree proves people, especially management leading by example and going the extra mile for customers makes all the difference.

Room Tip: Get your Hilton Honors registered. I think it helps although you should expect to get good service r...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Richard S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
It was an absolute delight to read your review! Thank you for the feedback. The front desk staff of any hotel is the first line of defense for guest service issues. We are very proud of ours. It sounds like they went above and beyond. Customers and guest are more likely to remember and mention blunders when they experience them. It is so very inspiring to hear of such a great experience and I couldn't be happier to know that your memory/experience was so positive!
Greensboro, NC, United States
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Excellent room, very clean, nicely furnished, and the bathroom was very clean. The room was ready upon check in, no waiting. It was quiet, no noise or very little noise from the corridor outside the room. All the facilities are well equipped. The only thing I did not like was the quality of the food from room service. It was overcooked.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Raymond, thank you for the feedback. It is very appreciated! I apologize for the food quality that you experienced, that is definitely not the norm. Would you be able to contact me to discuss the matter further? 336-292-4004
San Jose, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I chose this hotel because I wanted access to a restaurant for room service for those nights I had to work late in my room. The service I got from the front desk and the restaurant made me know I made a good choice. It's also very convenient to the interstate and stores and restaurants as well. I would recommend this to business travelers any time.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks Kathy, we have a lot of people tell us about how convenient our location is. Our central location and easy access to the interstate makes us a prime choice for business travelers as well as event attendees and other tourists. We truly appreciate you taking time to let us know of the experience you had.
Hyattsville, Maryland
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Super helpful staff! I was there in winter, with a big snowstorm forecast, and they were ready to tell me everything I needed, to lend me a snow brush, etc. Not expensive, easy to find, room was good and spacious and quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thanks John! Were there any particular Associates that stood out in the crowd? We like to recognize our folks for a job well done. We could not make it all happen without them.