See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2011

The price was all right at around $50 for the night, but a few little things really bothered me. First I should point out that the location is really sketchy. Its the last of a row of motels off the highway, outdoor lighting is poor right around the place and the loops of razor wire on the wire fence by the parking lot don't do much for the ambiance. This isn't entirely the management's fault, of course.

However, the disgusting towel situation *was* their fault. I got out of the shower and reached for a towel to find that hundreds of hairs were being rubbed all over my body. All of the towels in the bathroom were covered in human hair and appeared to have been simply folded up after the last guest rather than washed. Also, they were all hand towels. Nothing really big enough to dry yourself off with, which is a moot point because you wouldn't want to touch the towels anyway.

I don't ask much of a motel or hotel, especially if its cheap. Clean towels and bedding are absolute musts or else I would literally rather sleep in the back of my car. I've stayed at a lot of Super 8s which are usually perfectly clean and serviceable. This place does not make the grade right now.

Room Tip: Go to the hotel next door.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Steamrabbit
Reviewed 13 May 2009

well We got stuck in greensboro, I had 3 children, my husband, myself, my sister with me, The Manager Shai, Was Amazing. He put us in a Room with 3 double beds, we had enough room and didnt spend a arm and a leg for 2 rooms. Breakfast was convient, as well as internet access. Thanks Super 8

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mmj1808
Reviewed 10 May 2009

Stayed during the NCAA Men's Basketball Regionals. Book online using AAA. Prior to check-in, hotel ran a special price. They did not realize this was an event weekend. They refused to honor my special price even though I had a confirmation with them. I contacted the manager on three occasions over 2 months. Manager NEVER returned phone calls. The outside of the hotel was not very clean. The rooms could use a good carpet cleaning. Mold in the bathrooms. Towels needed to be replaced. Remote did not fully work. The neighbor hood was a little slummy. Breakfast was not as advertised. Mini-bagels stale. I figured a motel chain would inspect their franchises. I made a huge mistake on this one. Would not recommend or stay again!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrtub1
super8greensboronc, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2011

This guest took advantage of a promotion when booking a room for 3 nights well in advance, he was able to save money, but what the guest did not realize is that when he booked this room, it came with the stipulation that it could not be changed or cancelled. When he arrived at this hotel, Super 8 had other promotions going on & the customer wanted to take advantage of the new promotions. The guest was advised that when he booked his initial reservation, he was locked in at the current rate at the time he booked & it could not be changed or cancelled. The guest did not like that very much but he did not read all the fine print & hence wrote this review. One more thing, if the guest felt the way he said he did in this review, why did he stay all 3 nights and not mention any of his complaints to the Front Desk during his stay. I completely understand what this guest went through because it's the same thing that many people go through when they think they are getting a good deal on an airline ticket and they book it and the next thing you know, 1 week later, that same ticked is cheaper.

Reviewed 15 March 2009

room was clean, bed was comfy. the room had small microwave and fridge which came in handy, the internet kept the kids busy, all for under $60.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family