“Great Value!”

Ranked #28 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Concord, California, United States
“Great Value!”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Was on a trip that was part business, part pleasure. The location was great as were the accomadations. I had actually spent the night at a different hotel chain that had good service, but cost more. Then found Red Roof Inn while driving around. Much closer to downtown activities and the person at the front desk on both days was very very customer service oriented as were the people who were cleaning the rooms. 5 Stars all the way!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Hello Brian,

Thank you for the feedback. We always appreciate hearing about a positive experience. We pride ourselves with our service and your words will energize the staff. If your travels bring you back to Greensboro, we look forward to having you stay again.

Regards,

Nelson Beam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Aruba
Reviewed 5 August 2012

While in Greensboro for a Karate Competition in the Coliseum we originally had reservation at another hotel but after reading their reviews we decided to change to Red Roof Inn. There were a few flaws at the check in. After we went to the official website of this hotel we booked the rooms by phone number ( number that was on their www). We arrive at the front desk and the nice lady tells us that she only received 1 room only and not the other two we booked. After waiting a few minutes she got it sorted out and we were given our rooms. Fine one of the rooms airco was not working so we had to switch room i don't think the one working at that time switched the room on the computer because later that night they gave somebody the same room we were in so we had other people opening our room. NOT nice at ALL!
Rooms are set to be non smoking but we had smoking neighbors and it feels like they are smoking in our room. Not nice when traveling with kids.
All in all those were the flaws. The good is that the Rooms are nice, carpet looks clean and bathroom was OK let's not forget the free WIFI!.
I do hope they get the administration done better so other people don't have to deal with people opening their rooms at night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. What you described is a very serious mistake that we do not take lightly. Guest safety is top priority. Let me apologize again for any mishap that occurred during your stay and assure you we will continue efforts to provide a safe, clean, and well maintained hotel. If there’s anything we can do further, please let me know.

Regards,

Nelson Beam
Nags Head, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Had to make a road trip to Greensboro but luckily only had to stay 1 night. Had late check in, no problem. Got to room exhausted which is why I didn't leave. Bathroom toilet had not been cleaned, still had traces of feces in the water. TV had to constantly be reset, but only had it on for a little while. Scratched all night long, woke up to fleas everywhere! Allergic to the bites and had them in my armpits, legs and stomach. Miserable drive home because of that. Reported the conditions when checking out and clerk responded with, "Well, sorry bout that". Realize that Red Roof is an independently owned and operated chain and will never again stay at one. This is the second Red Roof with cleanliness issues that I have stayed at - no more!

Room Tip: Don't stop here - the best advice we can give you!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Hello,

While some Red Roof Inns are franchised, this particular hotel is corporately owned. What you described is not consistent with our inn. While we are a pet friendly hotel, we maintain cleanliness standards and use a very reputable company to prevent what you described. If you had an experience contrary to this, please feel free to contact me. We do appreciate hearing from our guests and apologize if you had a below standard experience.
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Last weekend I spent one night at the Red Roof Inn, Greensboro Coliseum. I stay at Red Roof Inns often, and usually have a great experience.
First, let me say the location is easy to find, and close to restaurants, right off I-40. I was in downtown Greensboro in minutes.
Check-in was crowded, but very smooth. The front desk attendant was great. We arrived around 5 on a Sunday. Rooms were still being cleaned, but we were given a downstairs room in 'building 2'.
As soon as we walked in, all I smelled was mildew, similar to a stale gym locker room. I would have kept the door open if it wasn't 102 outside. I turned the a/c on high, and sprayed the lysol. However the scent kept coming back. I stepped outside and could see other rooms burning candles and opening doors to air out the room.
The room was otherwise clean with typical Red Roof amenities. The bathroom door had been kicked in at some point and had a bad patch job. The bed was clean and comfortable.
Outside, the property was a mess. Beer cans and other litter all over the parking lot and common areas.
I did get a good night's sleep, however. Upon checkout the next morning, I informed the front desk attendant about the smell of the room, and she noted this indicating she would get housekeeping to 'fog' the room. Check-out was smooth.
I did complete the survey, and received a response from the manager indicating this was a concert weekend and had alot to handle.
Would I stay here again?? Only if I see better reviews consistently show up on here. The sleep was good, but the atmosphere was not.
I have stayed at other Red Roofs at the same price level and had a more enjoyable room.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Hello Chris,

Thank you for expressing your opinion. Our goal is to deliver great service and a clean, well maintained room. The description of your experience was below these expectations, we apologize again. Please know that in no way was I giving you an excuse because of the concert. We did receive positive feedback during that particular weekend. We will continue to improve our services and hopefully you will give us another opportunity in the near future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed here the the Thursday before Easter, 4/5/12. Arrived late, probably past midnight, with two dogs. My boyfriend made the reservation for me long-distance and had already prepaid. Even with prepayment, it took forever to check in for that hour. Finally I was given my room keys but it was a 2nd floor room. Not sure if they were out of 1st floor pet-friendly rooms (the parking lot did look 2/3 full) or what, but it is hard to maneuver two dogs and luggage up a stair case that you can see between steps. Most dogs are scared of that and I'm a single woman who is scared of having to go back and forth to my car and room late at night in a strange place. Anyhoo, went to sleep and dogs were happy in bathroom. Woke up the next day and as I was using the toilet, noticed something black at the foot of a chair by the tv. Picked it up (to make sure not mine somehow) and discovered it was a pair of black panties with rhinestones on it! Not hoochie, just blingy. Still, NOT MINE! LOL Housekeeping needs to do a better job. Makes you wonder what else they miss!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank dilligad24
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Hello,

What you described is not typical of an experience at our hotel. I understand how finding the item would make you uncomfortable and for this we apologize. We will use your feedback to continually improve and make sure careless mistakes are not made. We do ask that you let us know of any problems before you leave so that we can address them immediately. I do hope you give us another opportunity in the future to better meet your needs.
Carrboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2012

It was a nice, clean room. It was right across the street from the mall, near the Coliseum, and near several restaurants. Office staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The price we paid was actually cheaper than the one quoted on the phone. We called in advance, but didn't make a reservation and this was actually to our advantage.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed one night on the way from Cleveland to Myrtle Beach. Our check in was easy. We entered the room and it had fresh clean air. The carpet was newer as well as the desk/chair and the bedspreads. We always check for bedbugs--there were none. We always check the sheets and they were clean. This location was quiet and clean, perfect for our overnight stay. We would definitely stay here again on a future trip.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family