“Nice people, nice hotel”

Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I stayed during a conference/meeting. The price was right, the room was clean and the staff was very nice. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 June 2010

This review concerns the Red Roof Coluseum Area.

I came in late after a long drive (500 miles). It took the hotel 30 minutes to check me in, leaving a family member in the car, because of a computer glitch between Red Roof and Hotels.com.

I had made a change and had written documentation, but the systems didn't talk with each over. The result was that the clerk wouldn't check me in and I was stuck cooling my heels, calling Hotels.com for 30 minutes while they all figured it out. What a pain.

Everyone was nice as pie and Hotels.com couldn't have tried harder and the clerk was very nice, but it still took me 30+ minutes to get into a room because no one would make things right. Boo.

Hotels and Red Roof will get fewer room nights as a result.

Why do I have to deal with this. A simple "oh, I can see the confirm and we'll work it out, welcome) would have gotten me and my daughter into the room in 30 seconds and everything would have been fine.

Oh: Hotel was basic, but that's what I paid for. Basically fine, except for that "cluster-festivity".

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank chris32137
Reviewed 11 April 2010

We stayed here only for a night while traveling around the state looking at colleges. I was kind of skeptical at first, but the room was great and the girl at the front desk was very nice and helped us find things to do and places to eat in the area. The carpet, sheets, and towels were clean. There was a modern attached desk and dresser with TV, large vanity counter space with the sink outside of the bathroom, and new lighting. My only complaints were that the bed was very firm and the bathroom was small. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2010

We got an "all inclusive king" for a great price. It comes with free local and long distance, fridge, microwave, free wi-fi and a desk. not a bad room at all! A usual stay at the RRI. I have AT&T, but no signal in the 2nd building. Close to the bus stop, a biscuitville, hooters, lone star steak. Off of High Point rd and close to the convention center and the coliseum. It's also close to gander mtn and some shopping center. Would stay again!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2009

The room itself was fine although my mother had some problems working the ac. I was quite put off that they expected you to pay $8 for T-Mobile wifi when most hotels offer this for free. I was able to pick up another hotels wifi but it was quite weak and unreliable. Don't stay here if you want wifi unless your willing to pay for it.

Stayed: October 2009
NCRedRoofGM, Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2010

Hello,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will stay with us again in the future. As far as your dissatisfaction with our former wi-fi service, we understand what a hassle it is to not have free wi-fi. So, we would like everyone to know that our inn is now offering free wi-fi!

Reviewed 9 October 2009

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn after a Coliseum event. It was very close to the coliseum and not too far from downtown. It was convenient, quiet, clean, and an excellent value for the price. I would DEFINITELY recommend staying here if you need a hotel in the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple