“Residence Inn; Great place to stay.”

Studio 6 Greensboro
Ranked #38 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Pittsburgh, PA
“Residence Inn; Great place to stay.”
Reviewed 8 February 2008

This is my second stay at this property. (I stayed here about 5 years ago but did not post a review). The design has multiple buildings organized in a cluster with concrete walkways in between. The rooms have doors that open to the outside, like an apartment building. This is the same Residence Inn design that you will find in many suburban/interstate locations, especially in warmer weather areas. I found the property to be safe and adequately lit and did not notice anyone hanging out by the lampposts. The area is in a commercial area that has several other moderately priced hotels and restaurants.

The check in process went flawless. I was assigned a room in building 4 near the interstate. The room that I checked into was modern. However in this room, the sliding glass door did not seal well and I could hear a lot of traffic noise from the interstate. I asked to be moved to another room away from the interstate. The new room that I was moved into was also modern, but was much quieter. The new room was great!

Breakfast buffet in the morning was just ok, not great. Housekeeping was fine in the sense that the rooms were kept clean, however housekeeping did knock on my door one day even though I had the “later please” sign on the door. Also when I returned to the suite that evening, the thermostat in the room was set to cool and the room was a chilly 45 degrees. (This was in January!) Outside of those instances, the service was great.

There are quite a few Restaurants within a short walk from the hotel. They include a Bonefish Grill, Smokey Bones BBQ, Carrabbas Italian, a Waffle House, Darryl’s Restaurant and Bar, and a hibachi/sushi place. If you are thinking of walking, I should mention that there are no sidewalks along Veasley street, which is a short dead-end street that services these restaurants and several other hotels. There is a grocery store (Harris Teeter) about 4 miles away (turn right on HighPoint) and a Walgreens a couple of blocks away (again turn right on Highpoint).

• Liked — Front desk staff was great
  • Disliked — Having to be moved to another room.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank MyAdvice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Atlanta
Reviewed 17 January 2008

We're big Residence Inn fans, having stayed at quite a few for long periods for various corporate relocations. I chose this one as a half way point for Thanksgiving weekend travel. We were traveling with my mother as well as two pre-teens and the idea of a Murphy bed in the room seemed like a treat.

We arrived late at night and were greeted by a security guard at the door. The hotel is at the end of a dark street (which does have other hotels nearby, but this seemed really dark and eerie).

It is an older property with exterior entrances. It almost seemed like an apartment complex. We had to walk through a maze of courtyards to get to the room and we passed many rooms with sliding glass doors -- that also looked like people were living there permanently.

The room was on the top floor of a two story building. It was very dreary and plain. I was so uncomfortable, we slept with a chair in front of the door! All night, we could see and hear people standing outside under the streetlights. If I had been traveling alone with my children, I wouldn't have stayed at all. Sorry!

On our return trip home, we stayed at the Embassy Suites at the airport. Pricier but well worth it and an indoor pool, too!

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Atmosphere.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank SpoiledRottenMom
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 November 2007

Stayed at this property for 3 nights while in town working a booth at a Christmas Market for my wife's business. We needed a place that my in laws, my mother, my wife and 2 toddlers and myself could stay, so we chose the Residence Inn and their penthouse suite. The room was nice, although noticeably aged, with room for all of us to sleep fairly comfortably. The master bedroom was very spacious, and the loft upstairs was adequate. The living area was a bit on the small side but was OK. There was a light on the stairs that is there for safety reasons I'm sure, but it was still a pain to not be able to turn it off (my wife and I slept up in the loft and it was pretty bright).

The location of the hotel is very nice. The holiday show was at the Coliseum Convention Center, which is only about a mile away. The hotel itself is right across the street from another convention center and Four Seasons mall, so there are a lot of restaurants and such around. The Residence Inn is tucked away at the end of a side street which allows for a little quieter stay. The breakfast buffet is top notch and the hotel staff was very friendly.

• Liked — Location & breakfast
  • Disliked — Could use a facelift.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank william146
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 17 March 2007

This was my first stay at a Residence Inn, I frequently stay in Marriott, Courtyard, etc. I had studio room, which was the size of large studio apartment, came with full kitchen, stove, full fridge, breakfast bar, King bed, pull out sofa. I especially liked the grounds, it reminds me of a condo community. Full breakfast buffet was very good, sausage, eggs, biscuits, pastries, homemade belgian waffles, fresh fruits, toast, cereal, yogurt, and oh so much more. Dining hall is small, but not uncomfortable. Front desk personnel very friendly & courteous. Free Parking! I will stay here again.

• Liked — Its all the comforts of home
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled on business
Ohio
Reviewed 22 February 2007

When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised, given the past reviews this hotel has had. The hotel was currently in the process of being remodeled. Many of the suites were closed due to the remodeling and we stayed in a suite that had already been completed. Fresh paint, new furnishings, and nice stone tile in the bathroom. The breakfasts were nice also....eggs, potatoes, sausage, bagels, muffins, donuts, fruit, etc. Staff is very friendly, I would definitely recommend.

• Liked — Newness
  • Disliked — Beds
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank champysmom
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 May 2006

I have stayed at this hotel 2 times a year 10 days at a time for the last 8 years while I attend Intl Home Furnishings Market. Overall the hotel has its positives good location, friendly staff, kitchens in each room. But it ends their, run down, needs to be rehabbed and they price gouge during high occupancy times. If I had a better alternative I would stay there and I suggest you do too.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank emannh
Reviewed 29 October 2005

I agree with a previous "reviewer" that this place has seen better days. It is in need of updating.

That being said, I still enjoyed my week stay at this location. The staff is what made up for any shortcomings there might have been. Very friendly and personable. Also attentive to my needs and requests.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business