“"Comfortable Stay For The Price"”

Studio 6 Greensboro
Ranked #34 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
tarrababybee
“"Comfortable Stay For The Price"”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband stayed at this hotel while on a construction job and asked me to come along and stay with him. I must say that I was a little surprised of the layout and look of our room considering the price was on the lower end. I have stopped and stayed at smaller and less supplied rooms for double so I was very impressed with the cost. The beds were nice and comfy and room had a very home-like feel. The staff was nice as well which is hard to find at most places these days. They directed me towards many activities and places, like the mall, that I could visit while there. I enjoyed my stay and pool and would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Before you read this review, take note that this is an extended stay hotel. Some people staying here are regulars. There are a lot of good reviews of this hotel and a couple of not so good reviews....

For instance, a recent reviewer showed a bad experience but the writer said it was her first review ever. I think if I was this person, I would have asked for another room but I did not see that in her review. If the experience was as bad as described, I definitely would have asked for another room or my money back considering that they stayed for a few days.
We never had any of those problems or concerns. There was an Amway convention and a PGA Tournament in Greensboro during our visit so the city was very busy with out of town people.

Now for my review: My wife and I stopped in Greensboro, NC on our way back home from our vacation in Myrtle Beach, NC instead of trying to drive the trip straight through. I have family in the area, so we thought we would take the opportunity to plan a quick visit.
We arrived at Studio Six at approximately 7 pm and found the hotel staff very friendly and accommodating.
The manager Tammy, quickly checked us in and provided our room keys with a map of where our room was located. We had a room close to the pool area on the second floor.
She also recommended a couple of great restaurants in the area after we asked for her recommendations.
When we entered our room, we found a very spacious room with a kitchen area, large living room area with ample table space for our two computers and a touchpad. Internet streaming was very slow but the manager said they were in the process of upgrading soon. We found that by using one computer instead of two it was much quicker. Not a problem.
The apartment sized room had two floors and the master bedroom was upstairs. We had a very comfortable bed with clean linens. My wife and I both got a good night's sleep. We did not notice any late night noise even though we were close to the patio area and pool area.
The floors in the unit that we stayed in had been recently updated with tiles and were very clean. The A/C unit which had an easy to use digital thermostat was very comfortable for a really hot day.
This is not a 5 star hotel...don't expect it to be. It is an older hotel with an apartment style feel. Some of the units could be updated but I would expect the price to be much higher if there is much updating.
Could use some TLC but we were well pleased with the stay since what we were mainly after was a good night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Butch G
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here the Wed. before July 4th as a stopover on our way to Cherokee, North Carolina. The check in was smooth sailing, the room was decent size, and the kids enjoyed the pool (excluding a few foul mouthed, unmannered pool patrons) The hotel is close to a variety of restaurants. Overall the experience was good for the price!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My family and I stayed here for a few days while we were in town for a business convention. I understand the phrase you get what you pay for but I have stayed in some pretty cheap hotels but this was by far the worst one I have ever experienced. The rooms were filthy dirty and reaked of cigarette and marijuana smoke, the walls were stained and nothing was cleaned well. Our bed comforter had the most disturbing odor I've ever smelt. I was afraid to even walk on the floors barefoot. In addition to the cleanliness issues, I was scared to even be outside of my room alone due to the suspicious acts that would go on throughout the day and night. Many people out late and yelling and upstairs neighbors causing a lot of noise! I encourage you to look into other options! I've never wrote a review before but I just felt this needed to be said.

• Stayed August 2013
Germantown
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was our first visit to Greensboro and we needed a place for two weeks and were looking for a room with a kitchen that accepted cats. The room was large with a full kitchen (microwave, full size fridge, full size stove w/oven and dishwasher) along with a small table and 2 chairs. We had a king size room (highly recommend) which had a small living room w/ fireplace. Studio 6 is not as fancy as the newer extended stay hotels (which are much more expensive and also charge pet fees of $25 per pet/per night). The hotel also had a nice swimming pool and patio area. They also provide full cleaning service once a week. My husband I elected to do it ourselves so as not to stress out the cats. The front office staff were always helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms between the office and the pool are best. The King size rooms are nice and ha...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Northampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 March 2013

My family and I arrived Febuary 28th around 7pm Ihad no problems at check in. The only thing I didn't like was that I had called the reservation number when I saw that you can not bring furniture with you and asked they if I can bring a playpen for my 4 month old daughter to sleep in. I was told the hotel has cribs and they marked me down for one. When we arrived it was never marked in our reservation that we need a crib and here come to find out the hotel doesn't even have cribs. So word of advice it is better to call the hotel straight. So after we check in we don't go to our room right away. When we finally come back its late and we go up to our room and find someone already in our room. The person had stayed days earlier and the hotel didn't even know he was still there which I don't understand if they change the code to the doors like they are suppose to. The only other thing we didn't like was that they don't clean the room during a stay unlessits longer than a week. But other than that I would recommend this hotel. Its a great price and the rooms were clean, the bed comfortable, and its not one of those sleazy cheap motels at all.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mommy_2_Three_101214
Hinesville, Georgia
Reviewed 30 October 2012

clean and definitely worth the money you spend. stayed here in the past but this time there was no iron or ironing board in the room. front staff is helpful and friendly. location is close (walking distance) to a few restuarants and driving distance to a lot more. Mall and movies right across highpoint rd. no daily room service due to it being an "extended stay" place

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple