Maramboi Tented Camp
US$28
Agoda.com
Modern Hotel(Dodoma)
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,109 results
All reviewslake manyarastir frytented camphappy hourmaasai guideswimming poollunch boxnature walkbuffet stylewooden floorswild animalsmosquito nettingdining areagreat poolview of the lakebeautiful settingpacked lunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just stayed there for one night as a stopover back from a project visit. Already on the way to the camp I did cross a large number of animals. The tent/cabins are huge with a nice interior design. Breakfast was great. Sometime, groups seem to stay in the hotel. But that was not a big issue. I would certainly come back if I ever get the chance to come back on vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for our first two nights of safari.
Location is perfect - approx 20 mins from the gate to the Tarangire National Park.
The lodge was a permanent tent with hot shower, flushing toilet, double bed, safe.
Great food and fantastic staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

There is so much to like about Maramboi Tented Camp. The setting is idyllic. The accomodation is beautiful. The service overall was excellent but...
On arrival our room was innundated by insects and we need big can of insecticide to reduce the haze. We then were left to brush the coating of insects out of our bed.
The dinner was served in a bay marie which hid the raw chicken that I was subsequently served.
The internet in our room was down and we struggled to get the service we needed to get it on-line.
There are any positives. We just had a negative experience that could have been avoided with some better service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pedro_123_13
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This place is a dream come true. It is a permanent luxury tented camp. I was in the Nyani (swahili for baboon) tent. A ridiculously comfortable bed, great bathroom and the best hair dryer in all of Africa. Terrific shower with plenty of hot water. Each tent has a solar panel which I really appreciated. A great deck that was wonderful for evening yoga. The property has a beautiful view of the lake and a mountain behind it. I can't say enough about the staff - nice, funny, friendly, service oriented. Great free wifi. The manager checks in at each table during dinner. They also treat drivers and guides very well and they can join their groups for dinner (I was appalled when we stayed at places that did not allow guides to eat with their guests.)It speaks volumes of the kind of place this is. Dinner buffet was amazing (and I am a vegan, tons of options for me) and breakfast followed suit. The lounge area is gorgeous and you can follow a path towards the pool that stops off at a great fire. The pool area is so serene and picturesque. My companions and I met there in the morning for some early yoga. It is very spacious. Animals surround the place and the sound of the wildebeests will lull you to sleep. One of the best nights of sleep in over a month in Africa. I wish I had more time to spend here, it is the kind of place you look forward to getting to at the end of the day. This place is magical. Did I mention I love this place?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank aps101
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was our first stop on our 8 day adventure in Tanzania. We were greeted warmly and shown to our tents, which had a great view of the plain where you could see the morning, midday and evening gnus. (And you usually got a wake up call too from the outdoor residents.) Food was good and this is a great place to sit at the main lodge and enjoy a sundowner as the sun drops behind the mountain. It is very close to the park. Had wifi but not that great of a signal, but after all I was on vacation so should not have been worried. The only thing that was not enjoyable was the nightly onslaught of insects. The good news is, if you keep things dark and do not turn lights on, hakuna matata with the bugs.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family