“Amazing location and experience”
Review of Osupuko Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tarangire National Park
Osupuko Lodge
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Amazing location and experience”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at Osupuko Lodge in Dec '12 with a Community project to bring water from the Lodge to the Medical Centre near by. The community project on its own was amazing but the staff and the location of the lodge made it an experience to never forget.

After a long drive from the Serengeti National Park we were welcomed by David and Lucy with cold towels and juice and a big smile. The rooms are cottages/cabins and overlooking Tarangire National Park. We spotted many animals while sitting outside. The power comes on between 6-10pm but really spent little time in the room as we spent most of our time in the bar/dinning area chatting to David (his knowledge is fantastic). We didn't want for anything - the food was fantastic. The Maasai men ensured we were safe every night - only disappointing part is that I missed hearing the lions roar at night!

I am unsure as to what some people expect when they go to Africa with some reviews complaining about not having power or air con...it is not a big deal when you see how the 'locals' live. And honestly, my experience was not based on the lodge or the food but by the people I met, the stories I heard and the warmth of our hosts.

Keep up the good work David, Lucy and team!

Room Tip: No matter where you stay at the Lodge the views are outstanding!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Antwerpen
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Excellent location, beautiful individual cottages & swimming pool with fantastic view over the valley, solar boilers with hot water all day, very friendly staff. The morning walk with Maasai Lesikar was the highlight of our trip, he has such a refined & deep knowledge of nature, we could meet a group of elephants for their morning crossing of the river. Thanks !!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 22 August 2013

....and that was just the beginning of a fairy tale stay at the Osupuko Lodge on the outskirts of Tarangire National Park. The friendly and professional staff treated me like a princess, from the warm greeting (complete with refreshing towel and delicious juice) to the affectionate farewell after only a two night stay.

The local Masai are employed, not only to escort you to your room at night (they carry a long stick to fend off the lions), but also to perform their traditional dance to which the other women and I were invited to participate in. You have not really lived until you dance with the Masai!

The dining area overlooks the pool and beyond lies the zebra, elephants, and giraffe I had the pleasure of viewing during my stay. The food was delicious, especially the yellow lentils with coconut sauce that as a vegetarian, I really appreciated. My room was spacious and had a gorgeous view. It was a little hot, but they brought me a fan and it did cool off at night. I stayed in several other lodges and tent camps during my safari, and all were good, but the Osupuko Lodge was my favorite.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Spent one night here with my family on a recent safari. Tarangire is a great park and the view from this lodge makes you feel as if you are staying in the park, although you are actually just outside. We heard lions during the night and migrating wildebeest and zebra were right outside our room in the morning. The staff were super-friendly and attentive and our stay was made all the more memorable by an impromptu singsong with some of them after dinner! I have stayed in other Tarangire lodges but this was the best.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed here for just one night at the end of the rainy season - which meant we had the entire resort to ourselves! The staff were very friendly, and went out of their way to help us with anything we needed. Food was top quality, but it was the lovely setting and view that made it so special. They even made a special bonfire for us to enjoy and relax after dinner, which was a great touch.

As others have noted - electricity is limited, but this is a fact of life being in such a remote area, and encourages you to switch off and stare at the stars.

I particularly appreciated the fact that they employed local people in many area of the operation, giving a chance to help the local community.

Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed only one night, but if it was 't for a tight schedule would have stayed several more. Comfortable large rooms with a great outlook, wonderful meals, good entertainment and being amongst the wildlife make this a wonderful experience. A great way to wake up is the sunrise walking safari followed by a dip in the pool overlooking the National Park before breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013
Michigan
Reviewed 30 July 2013

"Osupuko" means "Natural Paradise" and you won't be disappointed. The people were wonderful. The room was beautiful. The wildlife was close and abundant. I stayed at many luxury lodges in Tanzania and this was on par with all of them. It is small and personal. Loved it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends