This was our second visit to Tarangire Safari Lodge.in the last 3 years and there is a reason we can't get enough:
1.The terrace upon entering the lodge will capture you for life.
2. if you are not up for driving around looking for animals, Tarangire Park has the largest elephant population in Tanzania and if you are lucky as we were, the elephants may gently walk past your tents without a peep.
3.The food is like mama's home-cooking to the point and delicious, compared to many Lodge's that over-stuff you.
4. Brenden offers night drives and walking safaris one of the special moments that we must recommend.
5. The pool and spa were an added binus to our trip and we discovered this time a new Yoga and Meditation platform overlooking the animals. A jewel in the wilderness
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built on top of a high bluff with a breathtaking panorama, our lodge is superbly located in Tarangire National Park, providing one of the best views in Africa. Carving out the landscape below the lodge is the Tarangire River, a favourite watering place, which attracts impressive numbers and a variety of game. The scene unfolds before you while lounging on the outdoor patio, allowing you to appreciate Tarangire's diverse wildlife. At the heart of the lodge are the impressively high thatched roofs of the lounge and dining room. The open-sided design allows an uninterrupted view of the landscape and wildlife below, and captures the cooling breeze while you dine on our delicious home cooked safari cuisine. The lounge area has oversized armchairs made from old dhow boats, which make a perfect place to relax. Those wanting something a bit more active can take a dip in the pool, a bird walk around the lodge grounds or hunt for souvenirs in the Baobab boutique. Our twin tents combine the authentic safari atmosphere of 'nights under canvas', with more modern comforts of electric light and en suite bathrooms with solar hot water. We also have bungalows that provide the space and convenience of solid walls yet blend into their surroundings by using local stone and echoing the traditional round Maasai huts. Tarangire Safari Lodge offers morning & evening bush walks along the river, Night Drives and Game Drives and don't miss a massage with a view at "Patulivu"! "Karibuni" or Welcome! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tarangire Safari Hotel Tarangire National Park