“Easy to find with good food and poker”
Review of Blissful Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Blissful Restaurant and Bar
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Blissful is an institution in the traveling community in Asia , being run very successfully and well by the owner that I have now meet on the 4 or 5 times I've stayed and he's that should say it all, this wouldn't normally my kind of place but wondered in 5 years ago and it's as good as ever this place hits the right buttons for me every time ...great food, fantastic atmosphere and brilliant value. Could with a bit of a make over here and there....but that is part of its long term charm.... I've all sorts of people here as it really is a great meeting place for all kinds locals, expats, backpackers , travelers , flash-packers , Business people , NGOs, volunteers it real does have the lot staying here , great host full of excellent information on places to go , rip offs too be aware of ...above all the food is just perfect Sunday roast is a must if your in kampot on Sunday and I've missed having it before as I didn't book it the day before...so a bit of a lesson for the rest of you folks....they even do a great locals and travelers quiz night mid week which I found highly entertaining.
These guys have been doing this a long time and obviously have now got the right combination of everything and that refreshing in Cambodia so well done yet again from me and if you want everything I've written about just go stay there it's well worth it..me I'll be back next year and yes I'll be staying there again for sure.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Blissful has had a menu overhaul since I last visited nearly 2 months ago. Now there is freshly baked bread, cooked on-site, available to supplement the locally bought baguettes for your breakfast.
Although I prefer to eat at the bar in this type of establishment, there are tables available inside and also outside in the extensive garden.
Prices are low, considering the quality of the food on offer. The staff are always friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I wish I could be more positive about this place, the people were very friendly, but they should handle this problem ASAP! We were sitting outside on the terrace, which is full of overhanging plants and trees, and in little over an hour we saw over a dozen rats (hunting for insects and bugs in the trees) and on the ground I saw the biggest rat I've ever seen in Southeast Asia. I live in Bangkok six months per year, so that means something. This is out of hand, even for Cambodian standards.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I've been going to the Blissful for a meal on and off for several years now and am continually impressed with the quality of the food, presentation and value. Of late new items have been popping up on the menu; dishes like Bangers and Mash, Cornish Pasties, even big fat hot dogs with or without cheese.

The menu is varied with everything from traditional Khmer dishes to pub grub and treats like pepper prawns. A filling favorite of mine on the regular Tuesday Quiz Night is a large baked jacket potato stuffed with meaty chili and cheese, served with a side salad. Service is good and happy hours running from 4:00 until 8:00 are perfect for having a pre-dinner cocktail and a mug of beer to wash down a hearty meal.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

...and timeless quality food. Easy going place with garden setting, 70's and 80's music, friendly staff, à good choice of dishes and drinkable wines by the glass. À pleasant experience.