“Must stay!!”

Ganesha Kampot Eco Guesthouse and More
Hong Kong, China
“Must stay!!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

What a special place Emmanuelle, Stephanie and team have created. We absolutely loved our time here and could have quite happily stayed longer had time allowed - and that was after already extending our stay! Definitely one of our favourite places in our South East Asia adventures. The food and cocktails are amazing, and fantastic value (seriously, would recommend coming out just for the food!). If you stay, make sure to order something from the BBQ - the fish and prawns are to die for. The accommodation really is fabulous, definitely much more than the basic we expected for it's setting. And although located slightly out of town, there is enough to keep yourself occupied - Stephanie is full of suggestions for spots to visit and such a spectacular setting means you don't have to go far to see things that your unlikely to come across otherwise. Our walk to the hill next to the budda was a real highlight. And if not, the bike ride into Kampot isn't too strenuous either! Or of course you could just laze the day away in the lounge area reading or playing darts and pool and listening to Emma's great music. This is definitely a must stay in Kampot (if not Cambodia), even just for one night...but I bet you'll want to extend your stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 June 2014

What can I say, amazing!!! I was at Ganesha a couple of years ago and unfortunately I had a motor bike accident when I rented a bike from town. I was rushed back to Ganesha in a taxi and for three days was looked after and watched by Emmanuelle and Stephanie. What staff goes out of their way to do that! To Emmanuelle and Stephanie you both deserve all the success, well done.

Its the place to be everything is wonderful including the people!! :)

Miss you both x

Room Tip: River hutts!!! love
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We tried to book online but it said they were full, so we rang them and fortunately they had space. Run by Emmanuelle and Stephanie (and super chilled dog Burt), two French guys who have really made this place something special. The attention to detail, the advice ranging from trips, motorbikes, political persuasions, medical issues, food, pool techniques and general banter was fab. We felt truly relaxed and at home the minute we arrived and extended our stay so we could make use of the free bikes to ride into town, the Kymer canoes to gently paddle in the morning and the incredible food that their local staff rustle up. I can highly recommend the Kampot Pepper crab which wasn't even on the menu but they went to the market to get fresh ones for us, and the Kampot Pepper and Midori Margarita was gorgeous!
The stilt house we stayed in had a fan, really comfy double bed, mozzie net and a balcony for sunrise and sunset views. All for $15 a night. It's 4km out of town but easy to ride a bike into town or hire a moto.
Genuinely sad to leave, thanks for a great Kampot experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at Ganesha for 4 days, and enjoyed every minute of it. The owners are fantastic and the place itself is simply magic! The beautiful surroundings are hard to leave behind, and you will see stars like nowhere else here. The place is perfect for everything, whether you want a comfy chair with some amazing vegetarian food and a glass of red wine with your book or to borrow bicycles for free and explore everything there is to do in the area. We still talk about the food we had at Ganesha, and really hope to come back one day! If you're heading to Kampot, Ganesha should be your obvious choice!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This place exceeded my expectations. Our hut was magical. The grounds were peaceful with so many quit places to just sit and relax. The food was incredible- the best I had in Cambodia. Stephanie, the manager, could not have been more helpful, accommodating or genuine. She made us feel at home for the short time we were there and I will absolutely be back next year when they finish the pool. Probably the only thing that could make this place better. Some of the best drinks we've probably ever had. Try the Elephant Lips and the Pomegranate martinis. You won't be sorry. Also book the day tour that takes you thru all the fabulous places Kompot has to offer like the Salt Farm and the Pepper fields. It stops in Kep for a dip in the ocean and the best crab I've ever eaten for $8. By far my favorite part of my travels.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was staying at one of the livelier back packing placed on the other side of the Kampot river and discovered this place by accident while cycling around the riverside mangroves, I immediately booked to stay and returned the following day and stayed for around five nights, I loved it. I had my own hut on stilts with a beautiful view of the surrounding fields and trees with a variety of colourful birdlife and the hills in the distance. The French couple who run it were fantastic and made me feel like a friend.The food was great and they also had some good French wine.They have a traditional Khymer canoe which guests can use to explore the mangroves. Although not as cheap as some as the basic back backing places both the food and accommodation are fairly inexpensive and very good value.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

What a place !! I stayed here many times . This place is making me feel at home for my holiday . I stayed at the riverside yurt , it is above the water .It was very nice and fresh air that made me sleep very well .
I did also swimming in the small river . It was great when you are feeling hot then you are in the water ...
The owners ,Emmanuel & Staphanie are friendly and attentive , they help you with every thing you need .
The food is amazing .

Staff are awesome and very friendly !!!
This place is making you feel comfortable to stay .
I will definitely stay here again .

Thanks Emma, Staphe & staff