“Sadly didn't even get our foot in the door.”
Review of Titch's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kampot
Titch's Place
Ranked #39 of 68 Speciality Lodging in Kampot
Reviewed 12 December 2013

After reading some great reviews about Titch's and spotting a very reasonably priced private room on booking.com my friends and I decided to make a booking purely for security as it was the last one listed. After having some issues with reservations and Cambodian accomodation we decided physically to go to the guesthouse the night before and double check we had the room (despite receiving email confirmation from b.com). We walked out as quickly as we walked in. The two western staff simply stated that the room was occupied and they had not recieved notification from b.com. Now if I weren't a receptionist at home, and didn't deal with booking.com everyday as part of my job (who were always reliable to deal with) I wouldn't be so annoyed. But having the knowledge that it is up to the hotel staff to update their availability manually and obviously as soon as a room is occupied they need to take it off the listing made it pretty frustrating. They also had a very unappologetic, disassociated attitude about it all which made me ask myself, why be listed online if you can't provide what you're paying to advertise? We didn't complain, we just went and found somewhere else but if I had kids with me or just got off an 8 hour bus ride I think you'll need something more concrete. Such a shame. Maybe new to the business?

Room Tip: Didn't get to see a room, sorry guys.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

This hostel is super cheap, has the best rooftop bar in town and uber friendly staff and owners. Really great riverside location and great bar to meet your fellow travellers!
Near all the major bars and pubs in town! Just stay here!
Stayed in a dorm for 3 nights for $3 a night, absolute bargain!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed here about four nights and found it very clean. The decor could do with a spruce and the lockers could be tighter, but my dorm was neat and average. Beware the mozzies at night in Kampot! Easy access to townshops, restaurants and the river. I never went to the rooftop bar and I never met the owners, who don't seem to be hands-on. The local staff are friendly and helpful even if they don't speak English very well.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Helpful and friendly staff, This is a great place to stay if you are on a tight budget.

Clean rooms and sheets, Showers have curtains and not doors. Towels provided.

Well located for the western restaurants and only a short walk around the corner to the street vendors by the old bridge.

Tea and coffee available at a charge and they also will refill your water-bottle for about half the price of a new one.

You can get to Kep for $2 by bus but I would suggest the 2 pm bus back otherwise the next bus is at 6 or 7 pm. You can book this at the hotel and they come and collect you.

The market is worth a visit and only a 15 to 20 minute walk. You can get breakfast inside..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Ideal for backpackers on a budget. Big dormitory (but never full) better the one on the last floor below the bar. Nice view and breeze balcony. Well located. Friendly atmosphere and good manager. Spent one week there in March 2012. easy to get a scooter or bike to explore the region.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We arrived in Kampot and walked to titchs place which is about 1.5k from the bus station easy to get to and received a very warm welcome. Lovely staff, we chose our room and beds as it was low season. In a big room, ever bed had their own fan, lovely bar and clean. Can only fault how bright it was in the morning as there was a lack of curtains, not great for light sleepers but overall a wonderful place. Some had even stayed there for months! I couldn't recommend this place more. Lockers, wifi, towels, top bar that is great fir hanging out sunbathing reading and even star gazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My friend and I hadn't booked any accomodation and came across this guest house, we wanted to originally avoid dorms but due to the price and then being shown the dorm room with the balcony, we couldn't say no. It was a great location also and the owner/staff are so friendly. We wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: June 2013