“Amazing fantastic book it NOW”
Review of Rikitikitavi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kampot
Rikitikitavi
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Kampot
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Girls trip and was exactly what we needed. They can book your tuk tuk for day or hour. :-)

The food is seriously incredible. BEST local dishes!! Smiley friendly staff. Always up for a chat.

We shortened our stay to head to Phnom Penh but no reflection on hotel, just wanted to check out the city. This change was easily managed and not a problem.

Great spot, you will not be disappointed.

Gratitude

Tams :-)

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Thailandtams

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I emailed Riki before our stay and got very fast and prompt responses. They arranged a firefly trip for us in no time.
When we got there we got a huge family room with perfect beds, perfect AC, everything super clean and nice. Everything perfect. The location is right on the river. Also Perfect.

We ate in the restaurant and got some of the very best food during our two week trip to Cambodia.

Especially the Chicken Amok, Samlang, Lok Lak were delicious.

We rented motorbikes and drove to Bokor mountain also from the hotel.

What ever we asked and wanted to do, the female manager there arranged in absolutely no time at the right price. I think her name was Lin. She was impressive and so was this hotel. I cant really put a finger on anything. Even the price was very good.

We should have stayed longer. Ohh, the Firefly trip at 25 USD for a boat was great. The trip to Bokor on motorbike quite an adventure in the rain and you feel like being part of "The Shining" or a David Lynch movie going up there.

We should have stayed longer in Kampot.

If you ever go to Kampot stay in Rikitikitavi

If you ever eat in Kampot, eat at Rikitikitavi.

If you ever want to start a hotel in Cambodia, hire Lin to manage it.

Fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Redspring
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Rikitikitavi is fantastic. Big clean, modern rooms, tasty breakfasts, friendly helpful staff and a reasonable price!

We stayed for 3 nights and ate at the great restaurant a LOT! 2 for 1 cocktails from 5-7 and tasty fresh food too.

Each room has a DVD player and a list of all DVDs available to watch. This is a great facility that we made good use of!

Stay here, you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Senttocoventry
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We didn't actually stay at the hotel but did get a sneaky peak at one of the rooms which was stunning! (If we had the budget we would have booked ourselves in immediately!)
We did eat dinner here though and both enjoyed the traditional Khmer cuisine. It was definitely by far the best food we have eaten on our trip and meant we came back for more on our second night in Kampot!! The whole place is designed beautifully and looks very magical at night when you walk up to it. Thank you Rikitiki!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank EmilyCR
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at Rikitikitavi for 4 nights and absolutely loved it. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The bar/restaurant has lovely views overlooking the river. The food is delicious (I HIGHLY recommend the banana and chocolate crepes as part of the complimentary breakfast). From 5-7 the bar has a 2-1 cocktails special, and the cocktails are excellent. The best thing about Rikitikitavi though is the staff; from the moment I arrived they went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable. They helped me organize a few excursions, always asked about my day and were just generally lovely people.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Caitlin110
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in September. Excellent location overlooking the river. Our room was spotlessly clean, large and decorated beautifully. The food in the restaurant was amazing. My husband is still talking about the Kampot Pepper Prawns he had (on both nights!). Aside from the highlight of the prawns, the other highlight was the staff and management. So friendly, great fun and helpful. They helped book push bikes for us, booked a tuk tuk for a day trip to the surrounding area and to Kep. They made our stay in Kampot one to remember.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simone M
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed here two nights a few weeks back and while the lure of Kampot itself as a tourist destination frankly remains a mystery - there is no there there - the Rikitikitavi was great fun. The room was clean and well-equipped and well-maintained, and the Cambodian food in the restaurant upstairs was luscious. The restaurant seems to be one of the most popular places in the town as every night it's filled with guests from various nearby guesthouses. The Cambodian staff everywhere at Rikitikitavi cannot be beat. They are soft-spoken, genteel, very attentive and intelligent!

But I was puzzled by the backpackers around the town, as I found precious little to see. It did rain every second I was there, but I made an effort to find the architectural and cultural soul of the town, and could not. I was also advbised there was a dangeorus area to avoid at night sort of vaugely in the center of the town, which deters any adventurous explorations on one's own. The strongest pull in Kampot has to be the delightful Cambodian residents themselves.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the ground floor and none seem to have any views. My room was comfortable, although...