“World Class!”
Review of Rikitikitavi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kampot
Rikitikitavi
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Kampot
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I fell in love with Kampot and Rikitikitavi. This wonderful little property is a welcome oasis after a long day of traveling bumpy dusty roads. I only booked 2 days here but I wish I could have stayed longer. The staff are genuinely warm and welcoming, The rooms are lovely and beautifully appointed, I loved the art. The restaurant is top notch and the bar a a great little "perch" overlooking the river. The staff truly went out of their way to ensure my stay was as comfortable as could be. I had read a lot of reviews about this property. The quality of service exceeded my expectations. Thank you so much for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank CanadianFlashPacker

Reviewed 13 November 2013

If you are planning to stay here I suggest you make your reservation asap and for as long as possible because you are going to love Kampot and Rikitikitavi Guesthouse. It has a wonderful location on the river promenade, the rooms are clean and modern, and the food is incredible. Breakfast is a set menu in which you may choose two main items. I stuck with the fruit platter and crepes. But its their lunch/dinner menu which really shines. My favourite is the Saraman, which is a Khmer beef curry resembling tikka masala. It is beautifully presented in a brass cauldron accompanied with rice and naam. Please try this dish. You will feel as if you went to heaven. Moreover, the fish and chips was really good as well. Happy hour is from 5 to 7 pm offering 2 for 1 cocktails. And the entire staff was wonderful. Extremely friendly and helpful. They arranged for our return trip to PP and helped with our dropoff at the airport. I want to return and watch the people strolling on the promenade, eat some Saraman, and imbibe from 5 to 7. Life doesn't get much better than this.

Room Tip: Interesting point as there is this karaoke bar or some establishment which has live (awful) music...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gospeedracer888
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a wonderful three days in Kampot staying at the very friendly Rikitikitavi. Our room was really comfortable and well set up, the bathroom was small but modern and well designed. The food was very good and I'd recommend having dinner there whether you're staying there or just passing by. The dining room/ bar is upstairs overlooking the street and river, and it's a great place to chill over a drink while watching Kampot go by. As well as a great set up, the team at Rikitikitavi were very welcoming and provided wonderful service. We'd happily stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane K
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my four nights stay at Rikitikitavi. The rooms were charming and very comfortable, the staff are wonderful and the food is divine. What more can one ask for? The hotel arranged a scooter for me for two days and when I had a puncture in the middle of nowhere the hotel even organised the scooter provider to find me and fix the puncture without any additional charge. The happy and friendly staff is a consequence of their decent treatment by the owner. I believed that the staff are well look after, good salary, and have good working hours. When I was there the owner was away on a long holiday but the place still runs efficiently and effectively. This says a lot about the moral of the staff. I was really sad to leave this place after four nights. Definitely will be back for a longer stay,

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank lookingfornirvana
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I had the pleasure of spending 10 wonderful days at Rikitikitavi Guesthouse! The rooms are large, modern, spotlessly clean, and each has their own private porch area. Additionally Rikitikitavi Guesthouse has a restaurant/bar above the guesthouses that overlooks the river that serves the best food in town, with a mix of Khmer and Western style foods. Though as perfect as the rooms are, it was the wonderful & friendly staff that made this place a true paradise! They went above & beyond, & truly made me feel long-lost friend that just came home! This place and the people are AWESOME!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank M_howe2013
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Very much enjoyed our few days at Rikitikitavi. Truly is a boutique hotel with excellent service. Kampot is a lovely town where we felt quite safe riding motorbikes as a family and walking about. Less touristy than Sihanoukville with far more charm. Rikitikitavi were happy to organize buses, motorbikes, whatever for us. Loved sitting on the verandah sipping a smoothie watching the sun set...beautiful!

Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank auntyjuty
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Girls trip and was exactly what we needed. They can book your tuk tuk for day or hour. :-)

The food is seriously incredible. BEST local dishes!! Smiley friendly staff. Always up for a chat.

We shortened our stay to head to Phnom Penh but no reflection on hotel, just wanted to check out the city. This change was easily managed and not a problem.

Great spot, you will not be disappointed.

Gratitude