“Excellent stay”
Review of Nibbana Resort

Nibbana Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kep
Nibbana Resort
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Kep
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Excellent getaway. Stayed here for 2 nights and the service we received couldn't have been better. We were the only 2 guests staying but the staff couldn't do enough for us.

The bungalows are excellent and the whole place is built with the so much detail.
They have their own garden kitchen, owners, staff and bungalows were just excellent.

Lovely pool and the tuk tuk driver the hotel arranged for us was also excellent, when we left for Phnom Penh he even came back after dropping us off to wave goodbye.

Kep is sleepy at best but if you want to get away from it all you can't really go wrong.

There's good food, an island to visit if you want to go to the beach and friendly people everywhere and the architecture is amazing.

The best thing about the hotel is that at night it feels like you're sleeping outside in the jungle, the creatures get loud and it sounds like they're right in your room (which they're not of course).

Did I say the people were amazing?

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jawrz
There are newer reviews for Nibbana Resort

Reviewed 5 July 2012

We had booked 3 nights at the Champey Inn resort. When we arrived in Kep, our driver rang the resort to get directions and was told it was closed. We had a booking.com receipt so were a little surprised to learn this! It then transpired we had been automatically booked into Nibbana as it shared the same owner. As we had selected Champey Inn on the basis of location and Trip Advisor reviews, I would have appreciated the hotel contacting us to let us know it would be closed in July and let us decide for ourselves where we wanted to stay.
Nibbana is quite a way from the beach and crab markets, at the end of a long dirt track. The pool was nice, and our room ok, but the wifi was not working and the breakfast menu was very limited- only eggs, coffee and bread were provided- we had to pay extra for juice! We had lunch there the first day and the menu choices were very limited. For the first day we were the only people at the hotel, then on the second day another couple arrived. Admittedly it was the low season, but it seemed as though in the low season having a functioning wifi ( as advertised) and a range of menu options was not important. The staff were very friendly and efficient, but we should have been given the opportunity to choose our own accomodation when the hotel we had booked was not available. We did not stay for our intended period, but left early and went to Sihanoukville.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Stayed five nights in early June and although a little away from all the action in Kep (read not very much) we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Located up a very rough track, (the potholes are bottomless) this resort has a very relaxed feel about it.The owner, Nicholas has recently opened the place,and I think it can only improve in times to come. As we were the only guests for the first few days, Nicholas spoiled us by cooking magnificent meals for us each evening. Rooms are comfortable,pool is nice and staff, although a little shy try to please. If you want a quite, relaxed stay in Kep, try Nibbana.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Don't understand why use ugly stone, money shortage??? Pool very shallow n dirty...insects, dogs, cats everywhr! staff can't communicate in English. Towel has no place to put, feeling kinda shabby...

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I loved this place. It is very well decorated.The room are really very nice. Big enough bungalows with comfortable bed, a great bathroom and a private terrace. There are plenty of trees and plants growing everywhere. I had some huge gardenias in front of my door, it smell beautifully. At night you will hear the nature around you, insects and few frogs but really nothing to disturb your sleep. This is one of the thing that I enjoyed very much too.
When you arrive you get a delicious welcome drink. There is a bouquet of exotic flowers in the room and the furniture are stylish. Really the owner got taste, very appreciable. They have been very nice to me as I was still sick upon arrival, they got me some medicine and bought me some yogurt, plus the owner kindly prepared me a soup so I can eat a bit of something. I have been well taken cared of.
I have been there in June so keep in mind it is low season. There was few customers in the hotel which was no problem for me and of course prices are lower than usual. I loved the tranquility. I could nap without being awaken.
Then of course the swimming pool, so far the biggest I have seen in Cambodia. Blue water surrounded by heliconias and other flowery plants. There is always a little breeze very much welcome to refresh you. A little paradise to rest in peace and style. I extended my stay.
Then the food, well very good too. You can ask for special requests. I ate there every evening. Crab is the Kep specialty and it is fantastic. Great for seafood lovers like me!
The reception can arrange a ride to the crab market to enjoy a lovely lunch or other.
The staff is very smiley and helpful. Cambodian are very sweet people.
So to resume if you look for a fantastic location, pretty habitation, beautiful garden, great food and a lovely swim, you must go there!
One thing that must be improved is the wifi. Does not work well from the room, you must be at the reception to have a proper connection.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Happy_Mag
Reviewed 28 May 2012

A great little villa hut styled resort with thatched roof on carbon copy rooms and a nice earthy design interior which wastylish but understandbly (from history) low budget to construct. The eco-resort it aspires is located at the brow of a hill, after a dirt road lane (bumpy) ride to it from the main road.

We stayed there 4 - 6 May.

Staff are well meaning and helpful - difficult at times to communicate needs but after both trying we would usually get the services / guidance needed. Breakfast was OK - wireless also OK. The huts remain unfinished - bathroom windows have no bolts/locks - so anyone can get into the room and they are no safes to keep valuables securely.

Pool was overly chlorinated - kids with us played a game (with goggles) of blind man catch because they could not see more than a metre in front swimming underwater. This could have been dangerous had they not all had goggles with them.

A great back packers place though as you ar eclose to all the cool places to visit - port for boat trip to Rabbit Island and the Yacht Club, etc.

Wood I go back , no. Would I recommend them - maybe; so much choice closer to the village.

Room Tip: Check the locks on all acces spoints - if in doubt ask the Manager to store your valuables.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank WilliamBMCampbell
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at Nibbana in February 2012. We stayed at another place first, which was overpriced and over-hyped. To arrive at Nibbana was like a breath of fresh air. We were welcomed like old friends coming back by staff who could not do enough to help us.

The rooms were comfortable and we had a little verandah with table and chairs set in the midst of beautiful plants. All the rooms are conveniently near a luxurious pool, which is surrounded by deck chairs and just next to a little bar.

We only ate breakfast there, although the menu looked good and we were told by other guests that the food was excellent. Instead we took the 5 minute Tuk Tuk ride into the Crab Market for the most beautiful seafood meals we've ever had - local grown Kampot Pepper, Ginger, and vegetables being a lovely accompaniment.

We're looking forward to next time we go there, and only wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends