“beware of booking a sea view room”
Review of Long Villa Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kep
Long Villa Inn
Ranked #42 of 52 Kep B&B and Inns
los angeles
“beware of booking a sea view room”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I booked a room with twin beds and sea view through Agoda. The room we stayed in had a garden view. This is false advertising. The owner offered to put us in a sea view room with a king size bed, which I passed on, as we were a party of 3. Pluses; food and air conditioning. Minuses; see above. The hotel is a bit out of town, but close to the departure point for Rabbit Island. Agoda did nothing to help me recover a partial refund for the room I booked but did not get to stay in.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms 93, 94, 95, or 96 as the advertised sea view for these is blocked by bungalows...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
siem reap cambodia
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The Long Villa Inn is just the most amazing place to stay in KEP Cambodia!! My fabulous "bungalow/room" is right on the water's edge...and I mean RIGHT on the water!! The waves lap up to my balcony and under the fabulous, private, huge bamboo balcony. And what a view...the sea, fishing boats, the jetty next door and Rabbit Island.

The owners/managers can not do enough to help you and are just wonderful, friendly people. I was even invited to their daughter's 9th birthday party which was great fun - friends, relatives, local foreigners, happy children everywhere, balloons, sparklers etc AND an amazing buffet dinner. The first night I was here we had HUGE, fresh prawns cooked on their bbq and the cook made rice and salad ...what a treat!!

The restaurant is right on the ocean and the food is great. This is the place for peace and quiet and being a part of their family. The garden is amazing. Another thing I really like is the "rooms" are all separate and so there are no shared walls....at night all you hear is the waves lapping under your balcony.

Its location is perfect...next to the jetty and boats to Rabbit Island and close to the Crab Market and local restaurants etc...only a short moto or tuk tuk away.

At first I was quite disappointed with the INTERIOR of the room as there was no fridge, table and chair or tea and coffee making facilities (it is not a really cheap place to stay!!) BUT when I asked if I could hire a fridge and a kettle...the next day a BRAND NEW FRIDGE AND KETTLE were delivered to my room!!

It is only new and the owners have ordered fridges, kettles and small tables and chairs which have not yet arrived...it will be even better than perfect when that happens.

I recommend this place EXTREMELY HIGHLY as it is the BEST place I have stayed at in all of Cambodia...and I live here.

Jo Walsh

Room Tip: MAKE SURE YOU BOOK A ROOM ON THE THE FRONT FACING THE SEA!!!! Bring soap as there is only bath gel...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo