“a bit out of the center but very pleasant”
Review of Long Villa Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kep
Long Villa Inn
Ranked #42 of 52 Kep B&B and Inns
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
“a bit out of the center but very pleasant”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This is a very clean, very pleasant, small hotel on the dock to Rabbit Island. It is a bit out from other things, but, hey!, Kep is very small. Linens rocked. And there are plenty of tuktuks. The restaurant was quite nice, though sometimes slow. Breakfast was pretty darn good. I had fried rice with pork or noodles. My friends wolfed down the pancakes. Their hash browns are to die for. The staff is working hard on learning English. The crowd was a mix of expats and Cambodians. They will accommodate you with a grill or let you host a decent size party on the lawn. The lawn and restaurant are on the water. A bit of a rare thing. If you're lucky enough to be there when the owner is there, get ready to have your ear bent by one very colorful character. Buy both of you a beer and you're friends for life. Keep in mind that Cambodia goes to bed early. 11 pm is pretty much dead in Kep. But.... Then again... we were too from the sun and fun and excellent food that can be found all over Kep.

Room Tip: Water facing is best. Some of the rooms block others. Hint: they have super cheap rooms without AC i...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Great place to enjoy peace and quiet. Very nice room with A/C & fan and a verandah overlooking the sea. We took the mid room that had an open garden between the room and the sea. Good bar and helpful, friendly staff makes for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Malaysia
Reviewed 28 December 2012

A perfect place to unwind and relax after the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh!

Dara the manager was really pleasant and easy going, and gave us a room upgrade for a small price. All the staff were helpful and friendly as well.

The view from our balcony was beautiful! It is right by the sea and seeing the sunrise was a bonus. The room had a comfortable large bed, all the amenities you will need. The inn is kept clean and tidy and our room were cleaned everyday during our 5 nights stay with a round of fresh towels and toiletries each day.

Kep does suffer from power cut offs now and again but Dara will have a generator as a backup incase you need a shower.

The location was right by the pier so handy for going to Rabbit Island. Tuk tuk should be about $2 to get into town (about 5 minutes by motorbike).

We felt that day trips to Bokor hill station and Phnom Chhnork caves can be self-arranged, just rent a motorbike (you can also rent one from Dara) and off you go. Or you can book a tuk tuk for the day which will be slightly cheaper than a tour. Although we did pay an agency for the tour, it really isn't necessary as we felt the prices charged did not justify the day tour itself.

Overall we had a lovely time in Kep and our stay at Long villa inn made it even more special!

Room Tip: There are 3 bungalows right on the waterfront, if you haven't booked one of these ask for an upg...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
los angeles
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I booked a room with twin beds and sea view through Agoda. The room we stayed in had a garden view. This is false advertising. The owner offered to put us in a sea view room with a king size bed, which I passed on, as we were a party of 3. Pluses; food and air conditioning. Minuses; see above. The hotel is a bit out of town, but close to the departure point for Rabbit Island. Agoda did nothing to help me recover a partial refund for the room I booked but did not get to stay in.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms 93, 94, 95, or 96 as the advertised sea view for these is blocked by bungalows...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Kep hotels

siem reap cambodia
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The Long Villa Inn is just the most amazing place to stay in KEP Cambodia!! My fabulous "bungalow/room" is right on the water's edge...and I mean RIGHT on the water!! The waves lap up to my balcony and under the fabulous, private, huge bamboo balcony. And what a view...the sea, fishing boats, the jetty next door and Rabbit Island.

The owners/managers can not do enough to help you and are just wonderful, friendly people. I was even invited to their daughter's 9th birthday party which was great fun - friends, relatives, local foreigners, happy children everywhere, balloons, sparklers etc AND an amazing buffet dinner. The first night I was here we had HUGE, fresh prawns cooked on their bbq and the cook made rice and salad ...what a treat!!

The restaurant is right on the ocean and the food is great. This is the place for peace and quiet and being a part of their family. The garden is amazing. Another thing I really like is the "rooms" are all separate and so there are no shared walls....at night all you hear is the waves lapping under your balcony.

Its location is perfect...next to the jetty and boats to Rabbit Island and close to the Crab Market and local restaurants etc...only a short moto or tuk tuk away.

At first I was quite disappointed with the INTERIOR of the room as there was no fridge, table and chair or tea and coffee making facilities (it is not a really cheap place to stay!!) BUT when I asked if I could hire a fridge and a kettle...the next day a BRAND NEW FRIDGE AND KETTLE were delivered to my room!!

It is only new and the owners have ordered fridges, kettles and small tables and chairs which have not yet arrived...it will be even better than perfect when that happens.

I recommend this place EXTREMELY HIGHLY as it is the BEST place I have stayed at in all of Cambodia...and I live here.

Jo Walsh

Room Tip: MAKE SURE YOU BOOK A ROOM ON THE THE FRONT FACING THE SEA!!!! Bring soap as there is only bath gel...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo