“Nice Local Spot”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

LaBrisa is the latest eatery to occupy this space. Though we are locals, this was our first visit in its current incarnation. We will return. Food (calamari, chicken wraps, Cajun burger) was pretty good; service was prompt, friendly and efficient; having the chance to try any of three local beers on draft is a nice touch - and the view across the bayou and Pensacola Bay from the outside screened porch or open-air tables is first class. (Of course, you can see the Bay from many of the inside tables, but it isn't the same atmosphere, and this night the band was too loud for our taste.) For this sundown, at least, the vibe was about as tranquil as any tropic isle, with nary an indication that the usual Friday-night traffic was streaming by on the other side of the motel structure.

1  Thank Paul B

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The restaurant was absolutely beautiful. What a great experience. We sat outside to a spectacular view and had some of the most delicious calamari!!!!! The burgers were beyond burgers, the gumbo was great, the chicken was perfectly cooked and flavored. The cook and owner John is amazing, far more than just a chef! If you want a great experience go to La Brisa.

p.s. there was a live guitarist playing which set the mood, even with kids lol.

1  Thank Joshua D
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is located in the quality Inn, which is located next to the Hampton Inn in Gulfbreeze. They benefit from the fact that there is almost nothing else that is within walking distance of those
hotels.

I have been there several times now and am very satisfied. First
I must give a shout out to Paul who is been friendly,
accommodating, conversational, and willing to make adjustments to the dishes based on preference or need.

The menu was very
approachable and eclectic. Everything from the selection
flatbreads, interesting appetizers, fish, my colleague had osso bucco. One night I was there they even had a vegetarian dish on the menu, a vegetable curry served with naan-which was actually very very good. Their desserts are
good and apparently they're making a change soon it will be all homemade.

Lastly, the atmosphere is really
nice. You can sit inside on the patio outside facing the water. There is also a small beach you can look at.

A really great place!

1  Thank Rhapsodyinblue
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Upon the recommendation of the hotel where I stayed (Hampton Inn next door), I tried this for lunch. I ordered the Bacon, Brie and Spinach dip with nachos, and black bean soup. The nachos were apparently prepared on-site; never had any so good. The dip was good, not outstanding, and the black bean soup was flavorful. For a light lunch it was just right. The best part was sitting on the screened-in patio looking onto the bay as I lunched. A nice place!

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I just recently tried La Brisa for the first time with my mother who was constantly raving about it. She was not exaggerating! We sat outside on the patio and had a gorgeous view of the water. Our waitress was very friendly and provided us great service. I forgot to mention we went for lunch; I ordered the caprese and my mom ordered the crab cakes. My caprese was extremely flavorful! The pesto sauce was delicious and the tomato tasted like it was just picked off of the vine. If you're visiting the Gulf Breeze area or you're local, I definitely recommend this place!

2  Thank Allison B