“Don't Make the Same MISTAKE I did!!!!!”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Gulf Breeze
mississippi
“Don't Make the Same MISTAKE I did!!!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We went through way too much to type, however in just a few words....... This place SUCKS!!!! I would not recommend this place to even my enemies! They get the rooms screwed up from the get go, because we went through the same things that the others on these reviews went through, with booking online! We get to our room that they just put us in because it wasn't the room we booked, then we didn't have a fridge, microwave, iron, or even a dang remote that worked! We then go out that night and was told there would be a fridge in our room before we returned. We went to the store and purchased some things to go in that fridge, we returned and then CAPTAIN(owner) decided we didn't need a fridge because why...... WE BOOKED ONLINE!!!! Not our problem!!!! So we now have food that is going to ruin because we don't have a fridge we were promised! What kind of hotel doesn't have a fridge, microwave, iron, and a working remote in there rooms? This one! The staff was not apologetic at all and seemed to not care about anything! We then the next day tried to go take a swim in the pool, get back there and the pool is green and NASTY with algae! TOTALLY gross! Our room was also not clean, you would think that they would at least keep something clean! We go out and tried to stay out as much as possible, finally come back in to settle in for the night. We get good and asleep and get woke up with some russian guy banging on the door and trying to kick it in. We swing the door open and there were employees just standing there allowing this to happen! My girlfriend was in the bed sick and that scared her to death! She was ready to go home then but I talked her into staying until the morning! The next morning on her BIRTHDAY she woke crying saying she wanted to go home because the hotel sucked and her birthday was ruined! SO, I talked with the manager and she said if we were out by 11 she would reemburse us for the last nights stay! So, we did just that! We checked out and she said ok, your refund will be in your account around 7 business days! No money ever appeared! I have repeatedly made calls and noone will assist me with this or return my calls! Now they are ignoring my calls and still nothing has been done or put back into my account! I am ready to take legal action upon this hotel and am contacting the Better Business Bureau! No business should be run this way! A hotel especially because people go for leisure, fun, and relaxation! but who can relax in this situation! In conclusion, i will NEVER stay here again and will NEVER recommend this hotel to ANYONE!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Atlanta
Reviewed 1 July 2009

The room was VERY clean, the beds comfortable. Nice little beach behind the hotel. If you aren't going to be spending a lot of time at the hotel and just want a nice, clean place to come back to in the evening, this is perfect. Excellent prices, good location. We are planning another trip to the area in a couple of months and will be staying at the same hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Here's how the scam works: they separate people into 'the expedia.com line' and the 'reserve by phone and walk in (no reservations) line'. Expedia people go last. After every room possible is filled with everyone else possible, they take the expedia/internet reservation customers. But now they are having 'computer problems' with most of these reservations--meaning they just gave away the rooms at a higher rate to the line of people they helped first. We made the mistake of getting in the wrong line because I had called to confirm the expedia reservation two days before. I thought we could get in the phone reservation line. Our rooms were confirmed, but we couldn't get them because we had to get in the 'other' line first. Or they could take us in that line if we would agree to pay a higher rate. We changed lines. Twenty minutes of waiting longer and we found one of our rooms had 'somehow been canceled'. When we insisted that they give us a room (THIS IS THE BEST PART), the manager, some guy named Captain Ralph Warden came out and threatened to call the police if we didn't leave. Apparently this happens a lot. We met another couple. They flagged down a policeman later, who told them, "Oh you don't wanna stay there..." Maybe Capt Ralph has a buddy in the police force who helps him out. Gulf Breeze's finest.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Gulf Breeze hotels

Nashville
Reviewed 21 June 2009

I only stayed there because I couldn't afford to change my plans last minute. It took 45 minutes to check in, I was supposed to have a bay view room but they gave it to someone else. My room smelled funky and the bathroom was dirty, had bugs crawling in it, someone left an empty pack of cigarettes on the table. The walls ARE paper-thin. The noise from people partying outside kept me up all night. I stayed in the room as little as possible.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
USA
Reviewed 15 June 2009

What a nightmare of a hotel, I made my reservation 3 weeks in advance, when we went to check in they had given our room away, and I had called 2 days before our arrival to confirm our reservations, we had booked a bay view room, the gave us a different room (a bay view) but when we got to the room the lock on the door was broke and the room had not been cleaned, (we had driven 800 miles for this ! We were more than disappointed ! ) So we were given another room, which was a large room with a view, very nice, but it never had maid service the whole time we were there, the washing machines in the laundry were out of service, so we cold not wash our clothes, our last night there 2 different people had key cards to our room and tried to enter our room in the middle of the night, (thank god for those little extra locks at the top of the door, ) so we checked out a day early and 3 weeks later we have still not been credited a refund for a day on our credit card, Beware if you decide to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GooseyGranny
Pensacola
Reviewed 4 June 2009

The Bay Beach Inn is a second home to me. I'm in Pensacola for Navy schooling, and every weekend, i go there. it's become a favorite place for me and my friends. We've made friends with the management and we're always happy to help them when we can. The rooms aren't expensive and the walls aren't made of kleenex and spit like some other places in the area. The hotel has wireless internet, a pool, vending machines, ice machines, cable tv, phones, a beautiful view and it has a really welcoming atmosphere. Its just a short walk to the surf shop and fast food places and the management don't even hesitate to help you when you ask. Everything I've ever needed I've been able to get with no questions asked. The Bay Beach Inn is a favorite place to go and I wouldn't think twice before pointing someone there if they needed a place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
louisiana
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Ok I am not sure where to start so I will get str8 to point when we first arrived no light bulbs in lamps, no toilet paper, no iron, bath tub was not the cleanest. So we called front desk they told us we had to come down and get the bulbs and toilet paper as far as the iron there we out of them so i was upset b/c u should the same # of rooms and irons so the next day I asked again for an iron u guessed it still didnt have any. I saw a housekeeper going about stopped and asked her for an iron she didnt speak english so finally i saw another housekeeper a few hours later she brought me their storage room and behold 4-5 irons she even said if that one doesn't work bring it back we have more. So next moring complimentary breakfast menu included cereal milk was in a gallon on counter which was warm yuck!! bagels, muffins and granola bar. Oh yeah grits and oatmeal the kind in pack but u guessed it n obowls or microwave to cooked them in so me and a friend decided to take some dry cereal and a granola bar back to room the receptionist at front desk stopped us and told us we had to return the food Im like i thought it was complimentary!!!!!! Oh i almost forgot the two lamps which are between both beds was not plug up so we tried plugging it up but the outlet was loose and would not hold the surge out of the 6 plugs on the surge only three worked so in order to charge our cell phones we had to unplug one light could utilize the clock!!! And last buit not least later one night a gigantic cockroach is in our room we screamed tried spraying perfume,shaving cream,lol and nothing would kill it it finally did die and we kicked it out the room and what u guess later comes out a small flying roach looking for its mother. I will never stay in that Inn again prices weren't bad but there was nothing quality about it matter of fact they really need to get rid of the quality inn stuff and use there own name b/c it is truly a headache. NOW I HAVE TO SAY THE JAMBALAYA RESTAURANT ON THE SIDE OF IT IS NOTHING LIKE THE INN THE BEST FOOD EVER PRICES ARE A BIT STEEP BUT FOOD IS GREAT!!! I WOULD DEF STOP THERE ON M Y WAY IN BUT NOT SLEEP AT THE INN!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach
#6 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,587 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach
Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Be...
#1 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach
SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beac...
#4 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Margaritaville Beach Hotel
#2 of 10 in Pensacola Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,117 reviews

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!