“Nice homestay”

and 1 more site!
Snehadhara Homestay
Ranked #50 of 210 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2014

A very nice homestay and a great host. The room we got wasn't super clean, especially the bathroom. The breakfast however made up for that plenty. The location is not very known to many rickshaw drivers so make sure you have some kind of address or phone number

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tito12Delft

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We really struggled with this one. Firstly is was hard to find, none of the rickshaw drivers at the bus station knew where is was, and twice we were almost taken to a different address across the street. We had booked a non-AC room, but on arrival our host pointed this out, and on pointing out how hot it was, offered us an AC room (at extra cost of course).Very large bugs greeted us, in our room, which obviously hadn't been checked before letting us get settled in.The sheets were worn and dated, but appeared clean. The room overall was very dusty and full of cobwebs. We were provided with a mosquito light, toilet roll and towels, but no soap. The mattress was a disgusting mouldy green/brown colour under the dated sheets. I had to wrap my skirts around the pillows as I wasn't convinced of their cleanliness. We had an itchy nights sleep, but this may just have been bed-bug paranoia.
Breakfast is not included, though you will be asked what time you'd like it, as if it is included. You will be offered juice as well as tea, which sounds nice, but you are charged extra for this too! The food however was very tasty.
Due to the cleanliness of the room, we decided that we didn't want to stay the 2nd night that we had booked. Mr Salim said we could check out early and only pay half the cost for the 2nd night. He wasn't around when it came to checking out though, at which point his daughter had to be dragged away from her television in her bedroom to check us out. This is when I found out we had been charged for breakfast and juice, and our online deposit hadn't been credited. She had to make a call to Mr Salim about my complaints and after this she just stood there shaking her head at me. I don't think she understood what I was saying.
We met another couple at breakfast who had had a similarly awful experience, finding cocroaches and ants in their room.
All in all it was an expensive, itchy, restless nights stay and we couldn't wait to leave.

Room Tip: Just find another homestay!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hannah C
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My cousin and I stayed on the houseboat for one night in February. It likely would have been a better experience if it had not been so hot and humid.

The chef that stayed with us and cooked three meals was incredible. My cousin and I agree that he made the best meals we had during our two week trip in India. SO good!

The boat is average, nice outdoor seating area. Rooms could use some updating. Shower floods the bathroom, and I froze the whole night (freezing with air conditioning, unbearably hot without) since there was only one small blanket for me and my cousin.

Views were pretty in the morning.

I'd recommend doing this boat trip when it's cooler out, and making sure sleeping accommodations are a bit nicer.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are nicer houseboats, but if you are expecting a comfortable bed and shower, make...
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I spent nearly two days in snehadara with my friends. We were overwhelmed by the hospitality shown by Mr.Salim. He was so approchable that we can request what we wish and even get some tips about visiting different places near allepey!

Ambiance was good and the food provided was like a mom's make!! we can just relax back and have our food as we do in our home because the stuff in food was delicious and the way we are served is owsome..

It's not just in the name homestay!! we really felt like a home away from home!!!

Sreeram...

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Great and quiet place in the center of Alappuzha.
Owner couple are very nice, they will give you good tips for your trips.
Rooms, food, ayurvedique massagage, everything is good ;)
Endroit très agréable, au calme, dans un maison traditionnelle, la nourriture est excellente.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I spent a day here when I was visiting Kerala to attend a friend's wedding. The homestay is characterized by reasonable rent, lovable staff and most importantly delicious food. We visited Kerala totally unprepared without any knowledge of the transport we were going to take to our next destination. Mr. Salim turned our guide in an instant and guided us about how to reach and what all to do. In this home stay you are not a tourist but part of the family. If you are visiting Alappuzha I recommend this homestay...

2  Thank AdvaitBorate
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This was my first trip to Kerala/Alleppey and I had done the bookings online, so had no idea how the actual experience would turn out to be.
The homestay experience at Snehdhara surprised me because of its cozy ambiance and lovely hosts. Salim and Mini aunty too very good care of us right from our food needs to guiding us about local sightseeing. Specially loved the authentic dosa-chutney breakfast they made for us and the lemon rice Mini aunty made for us at a very short notice.
We felt very much at home because of this.
Would love to stay here on my next visits as well.

2  Thank Nightflier11