I stayed in Punnamada during Oct 25 - Oct 27 with my wife. It was our first wedding anniversary. Hence it was special. We had booked a package. The first day we spent in the houseboat and the second day in the lake view room. The stay in the houseboat was very comfortable. The crew were very helpful and nice. We were disappointed with the lunch provided as it had very few options for my wife who was a vegetarian. No complaints if you are a non-vegetarian. We docked for the night at around 6 PM in a remote location which was nice. Nobody to disturb us. Ensure you keep the windows and doors of the bedroom closed to avoid insects in the evening.
The second day we were in the lake view room. The views from here are breathtaking. DO NOT miss the sun rise. It is just beautiful. Our stay was made even more memorable with the service and hospitality of the staff. Big kudos to them. You guys were outstanding.
There was a commercial shooting going on during our stay which in a way spoilt the restaurant area. Food was being served behind the actual restaurant. That was a slight dampener.
Overall , We both loved our stay here and would definitely be back again.
Special thanks to Mr. Sherry who was there to help us with anything whenever we needed.
Good luck Punnamada !!
Pros: Beautiful location, great courteous staff
Cons: Lunch can be made better with better spread. The breakfast and dinner were good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punnamada Resorts is nestled on the serene banks of Vembanad Lake and gives a world of heritage and luxury. The divine ambiance and the hospitality lead to a total relaxation of mind, body and soul and it highlighted the rich heritage and the essence of Kerala in its true form with a focus on the eco system and being an environment friendly resort by taking initiative in various fronts. The green leaf certified Ayurveda centre at Punnamada puts a new life into yourself and to regain vigor and vitality and lead a stress-free life. The essence of Kerala and its magical backwaters can be experienced aboard Punnamada’s exclusive 'Kettuvallam' (houseboats) by the resort, the houseboats of Punnamada equipped with the best of luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Punnamada Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punnamada Hotel Alappuzha
- Punnamada Backwaters Hotel
- Punnamada Resort Kerala, India