Arrived with no reservation, shown rooms available, given great rates. Room was clean and overlooking the lake. Bathroom has open roofing. Air conditioning, quiet in room and on grounds. Did not use the pool, did get massages which were wonderful. Spent 1 night on House boat. I would not do houseboat again, smelled old and could hear an animal chewing all night on outside of boat, was clean though and staff on boat was wonderful. Good food offered on boat and at resort. Included canal cruise which was also wonderful. Cruises along lake are not to be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punnamada Resorts is nestled on the serene banks of Vembanad Lake and gives a world of heritage and luxury. The divine ambiance and the hospitality lead to a total relaxation of mind, body and soul and it highlighted the rich heritage and the essence of Kerala in its true form with a focus on the eco system and being an environment friendly resort by taking initiative in various fronts. The green leaf certified Ayurveda centre at Punnamada puts a new life into yourself and to regain vigor and vitality and lead a stress-free life. The essence of Kerala and its magical backwaters can be experienced aboard Punnamada’s exclusive 'Kettuvallam' (houseboats) by the resort, the houseboats of Punnamada equipped with the best of luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Punnamada Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punnamada Hotel Alappuzha
- Punnamada Backwaters Hotel
- Punnamada Resort Kerala, India