“colourful oasis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Nanni beach Residence
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Over that last three months I have been all over India from top to bottom in all kinds of budget a accommodation, and I still remember fondly my stay at Nanni. Shibu is a very friendly host. My favourite thing about Nanni is the colourful and comfortable rooftop seating area. The rooms were clean. When the breakfast menu is complete with Italian coffee, it will be perfect.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Good location Close to the beach where u can play volleyball or frisbee. One or two restaurants by the beach and Shibu fixed a vegetarian bbq for us which tasted great! Got a lot of help with picking a boat for the backwaters even though we were super picky. Shibu was a great host and overall the place was really chilled out!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Karin W
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I enjoyed every second in Alleppey and in Nanni´s Residence.
Shibu, the owner is a helpful and friendly guy.
Ask him about the backwaters specials or whatever you need or doubt.
If you want to feel more free, rent a scooter from him.
He was always there.
The area is quiet, close to the beach and a very short way to the center of town.
The roof top is excellent place to chill out at night....listening music, chating or just enjoying the silence.
Thanks Shibu!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and welcoming. Ask him to explain about the prices of each.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lidia c
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I went with 2 friends and we had a 3 person room which was a good size and a cheap price (one double bed, one chaise longue). The rooms have mosquito nets, ceiling fans and en suite showers (my first proper shower for 2 months after only having access to bucket-showers for the preceding 8 weeks!) The nets were useful not only to keep the mosquitoes away, but also a barrier between me and the cockroaches which crawled in through the airing holes in the walls and up the nets whilst I was in bed (so tuck the bottom of the net under the matress before you go to sleep if you can.) The rooftop terrace is really nice and a good place to chill out, drink and play cards with the owner or with other travellers in the evenings. The hotel is small and a bit of a one-man-band operation, so when it is quiet, the owner goes to the bus station to snare new customers, (which is how we ended up there) but this can mean that you need to go elsewhere in the morning if you want breakfast as there is nobody there to place an order with if you are hungry. That said, the owner is very friendly and helpful and can organise trips and advise on where to go and what to see while you're in the area. The hotel is a short walk from the beach, where you can use the swimming pools of the expensive beach front hotels if you need to cool down from the Keralan sun. Good experience and definitely good value for money.

Room Tip: Due to the heat of the area, the rooms have airing gaps in the walls. These holes let in cockroache...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I stayed at this guesthouse based on trip advisors reviews...and the owner Shiba really went above and beyond and bent over backwards to help me with what ever I needed. I was initially going to book my overnight back waters trip through him...a little pricer than other companies but he took me to see the boats and they looked worth the extra money....unfortunately my friend couldn't pay the extra cost and we went with another company (I thought Shiba would be mad but he was totally understanding). The average part of this place is the actual rooms....they were big, cheap and the sheets are clean but the rest of the room had a dirty around the edges feel (cobwebs in every corner) and I think it just needed a really good over all cleaning. This place shines bc of its owner....not the actual rooms. Oh and there is free wifi which is nice....however it was constantly disconnecting so bc it was free I can't complain but it did get annoying.

• Stayed: March 2013
nannitours2012, Owner at Nanni beach Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Hi Jenny ,

Thank you for your valuable inputs ....i am glad you had a great time here , if you had told me about the dirts on the wall i could have asked the cleaning lady to do it and it takes only 15minutes to do it but anyway its too late but i make sure now its cleaned properly .

hope you had a nice time on the boat.

Enjoy your rest of the holidays ..

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Shibu was at the bus station with flyers for his guest house. Usually we wouldn't really listen to the touts but he was so lovely and his place sounded so nice we went along. So so glad we did, the place is beautiful and we felt at home instantly. They're so friendly and the location is great, close to the beach, a lovely cheap place to eat and not far from the town either.

The rooms are big, clean, cheap and the shower is good. The roof terrace is lovely and we spent time up there in between our backwaters tour (organised by Shibu) in the day listening to our own music and at night having some drinks with other travellers. There is also free internet!

In all the places i've stayed at in India this was by far the friendliest and we were sad to leave. I've never felt compeled to write a review on anything before either. I'd recommend it anyone :)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I would definitely recommend anyone to stay in Nanni's, the rooms are clean and comfortable and excellent value for money. Nanni's is a 5 min walk from the beach and is near to the ferry port - ideal to start any backwater tours. Shibu Nanni who runs the place is extremely friendly and helpful and can assist booking you on a tour of the backwaters by houseboat or canoe. We took the canoe trip which was really relaxing (and much more eco friendly). The roof terrace at the top of the hotel is a lovely spot to chill out in the evening with other travellers / holiday makers making this place ideal if you are on your own and want to meet people, or with friends and want to make more :) Would definitely stay again and again :)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends