We started off our Kerala adventure after a long overseas flight. The resort was a welcome respite after wearying travels. Although, it takes some twists and turns off major roads to get to its location, it is very well situation directly on Lake Vembanad.
All rooms face onto the lake. Our two rooms (unfortunately in India it doesn't seem possible to book one room for a family of four though their was pleny of space for four people in our spacious room) were immaculate with very modern bathrooms, beautiful carved wooden furniture and the ceilings were beamed to mimic the famed Kerala houseboats.
We enjoyed the service and food in the restaurant very much. Our first night there a buffet was available and it was an excellent way to sample many Kerala dishes. For breakfasts we were spoiled with freshly made dosas, uppams, and pooris - the accompanying dishes were all very tasty. The cost is a bit high but the food is good and the service is very friendly.
The infinity pool is also kept clean and it is very serene to float in it and look at the lake. The grounds are also beautifully landscaped.
The service at the front deske was also very good - we had some trouble with our travel arrangements and they were very helpful in making calls to help us get it sorted out. Highly reccomend this resort - easy access to sights and the public beach at Alleppey which is very clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, West of Kumarakom. Unwind at our upscale, full service moderately priced resort. Rediscover yourself at this visually stunning resort situated on the Western shore of Kumarakom, at the very edge of Vembanad Lake with a magnificent view of the calm backwaters. Located in Kayippuram, Alleppey, the resort is easily accessible from both Cochin and Kumarakom. Rejuvenate your spirit with spectacular close-up views of the lake from every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Muhamma Hotel Alappuzha
- Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort Kerala, India