stayed there for 3 nights in October, with the monsoons just about receeding..had intermittent rains though..the hotel is located on the vembanad lake at a small village called muhamma, 20+kms short of alleppey..
its a small hotel..we were uupgraded to lake view rooms (deluxe) on the first floor..and the best part about the hotel is its infinity swimming pool at the edge of the lake and the lovely views of the lake from the hotel room..as if somebody has hung a live poster there..!
during our stay all the ground floor rooms were under renovation and the gym was closed down.
they have a small spa at the hotel, didnt look that inviting to try it..the restaurant serves great food..though its a bit pricey..we had a few meals there..the hotel's houseboat was also under renovation..but they have tied up with a local for a shikara ride on the lake at nearly 2-3 times the price for one from alleppey town itself..we took one from allepey for the backwater ride and trust me at less than half the rate, it was luxurious one as compared to the one offered by the hotel.
the hotel has a few (rickety!) cycles, i used them to ride around in the villages. Fishing at the fishing point didnt yield any results. they have movies at the reception which u can carry to ur room. No bar available, so carry your own liquour. the housekeeping staff was efficient, although overall the resort needs to be looked after better..may be after the ground flr rooms, they would take up the first floor.
overall it is the sort of place where u can swim a lot and spend ur time reading a book in one of the loungers by the pool, doing nothing - just RELAX!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, West of Kumarakom. Unwind at our upscale, full service moderately priced resort. Rediscover yourself at this visually stunning resort situated on the Western shore of Kumarakom, at the very edge of Vembanad Lake with a magnificent view of the calm backwaters. Located in Kayippuram, Alleppey, the resort is easily accessible from both Cochin and Kumarakom. Rejuvenate your spirit with spectacular close-up views of the lake from every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Muhamma Hotel Alappuzha
- Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort Kerala, India