“Trip to Kerala”

Ranked #34 of 68 Hotels in Alappuzha
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Trip to Kerala”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The position of resort is very good on the banks of the lake.The room is good with lake view. The manager Mr.Sabu is very friendly. But the quality of food served at the restaurant is average and should improve. Due to construction work the air is polluted but overall experience is very good.

Room Tip: i recommend travelers to choose the rooms in the first floor for good lake view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bns1970

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The resort happens to be in the middle of back waters. Which saves your money spent for a house boat (which happens to be unnecessarily expensive). The resort as such does not have any other facilities (other than an upcoming swimming pool). But, the service and people of the resort make you feel really good. They have all good contacts so getting there, food, toddy, boat rides, etc are good.
Sabu, the man in charge is a very nice and is very good at hospitality. So, he handles the service really well. They have their own boat so at a nominal price you can trip around the back waters. Chempukulam is walkable but, a boat ride is good. The resort folks help you do fishing (my kids really had fun with fishing). Better carry your spirit because that's one thing you don't get what you want (in Kerala of course).
Overall a very good place to relax and really experience what Allepey back waters actually mean.

Room Tip: Go for the A/C cottage, the delux rooms are just average.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nagaraj R
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Lovely place. Well received. Friendly staff and decent Kerala food. It was a family holiday of nine people. We had a small birthday celebration which they made it memorable. The resort is surrounded by waters and can be reached only by a boat. We were lucky to witness the traditional boat race (Vallam kali). Visited Ambalapuzha temple. Rooms were okay though not great. It is ideal for people who love calm and quiet place to relax. Enjoyed the backwaters thoroughly. Value for money. Have stayed there twice. Though the second time was an overnight stay enjoyed every bit.

Room Tip: Choose the room which has a balcony facing the backwaters.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Arunasrila
Barcelona
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed here for just one night after the houseboat trip and enjoyed one full day of absolute peace just contemplating the backwaters from the nice, large balcony that was attached to our cottage and taking walks around the fields that surround the area.

The resort is just a main building with a couple of rooms and restaurant where you can sit in the garden below the trees for your meals. The food is good but not great, however I enjoyed the authentic Keralan breakfast served.

The resort can only be reached by boat, which adds to the feeling of relative isloation and I´m not sure I would enjoy this for more than a couple of days, but for the time we spent here it was heaven. Those who want to thoroghly relax and immerse themselves into the backwaters nature will find the perfect spot here. We had an A/C cottage and the rooms is ok sized, and while basic, all appliances worked and the place was clean.

Some people complained about the management, we can´t really say anything about this, because we barely met anybody here. While the staff appeared a bit non-comittal, there was nothing to complain about.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank saschabcn
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Green Palace is a peaceful resort in Alappuzha. The hospitality extended by the staff is highly commendable. Peace lovers can retire in nature's comfort. Ideal place for nature lovers. Food was also fine.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Duration : 30/September/2012 to 01/October/2012 - 2days & 1 night.
Value for money : Excellent - 5 / 5
Staff Experience : Excellent - 5 / 5
Overall Rating : Excellent - 5 / 5

This was my first time visit to Alleppey. Overall I stayed in Alleppey in for 4 days and had a great time. I stayed one day in a Houseboat, one day in a beach side resort and the other day in Green Palace Kerala Resort. Out of all these 3 places the best experience was in Green Palace Kerala Resort. There is nothing wrong about this place, everything is just perfect.

Please do keep in mind this place is not exactly in Alleppey, its a few kms away from Alleppey atleast a hour or two journey. Once you reach the place you have to take a boat to get to the resort, this again is provided by the resort staff itself. Once you get into the boat and start reaching the resort, the resort welcomes you with a pleasant view. The staff Sabu & Sunil were the best guys I ever met. Sunil answered each call of mine and within a minute he catered to my needs. I stayed in the River View AC Cottages. There is a small Balcony which overlooks the river and the view is great, The rooms are very spacious.

Yes there are Lizards, Insects, Power issues etc. What else can you expect if the resort is on an Island. When the lights are On in the night they attract insects & that attracts lizards, that's just a food chain. I Avoided all these by doing basic steps, I closed the balcony door after 5 and closed the curtains that made sure none of the insects and lizards came in the room. We had our lunch in the balcony overlooking the river. There is nothing much to do other than enjoying the view in your Balcony as the place is an Island. Please avoid this hotel if you are looking to spend time outside the room, this is typically a place where you will be spending most of your time in the room. However, I did go for a small walk in the evening.

I had a train to catch at 6pm the day I vacated, since the check out time was at 10-11 I had to wait in the railway station for a few hours. I bought this to the staff notice they told me the rooms are empty for the next day and you can stay here untill 3 or 4pm without any extra charge, which was a very good gesture by the staff. Not only this I reached 1 hour before to the check in time.

Things that I liked :
1) Everything. The food, The Staff, The View, The Room

Things that I did not like :
1) Nothing

I would highly recommend anyone to stay in this Resort, I will keep visiting this Resort in the future.. Stay more than 2-3 days might be boring as there is nothing much to do around the resort..

Room Tip: Make sure you book the cottages with the River view..
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank live2travelAJ
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Any of you who wants to go this resort please read my story &then decide.
My check in time was 12 pm . Since this was on an island.I was informed that once I check in i cant go out for sightseeing . So I had to leave the alleppey beach half way just to check in before evening.
Mr Sunil & Mr.Jobi of hotel staff promised 2 rooms but we were given Cottages . I was very surprised .and the so called cottages turn out smaller than any budget hotel rooms .The cottages was a den of mosquitoes,insects & lizards. No mosquito repellent available.There were 2 night lamps in the rooms. NO white tube light or bulbs. AC is NOT working.MY children were dead scared at this sight. We complained but all in vain.
We were the only 2 families in the whole resort !!! So We told them to give rooms that were promised to us . To that they told they are under construction.
Then we came to know they were expecting a big group of foreigners (90-100) for dinner only.
So they just ignored our every complained . Also they flatly refused to us for dinner having outside in the garden & told to have in my room. since they reserved it for the foreigners.
I was adamant on changing my rooms & than to my surprise they said its is given to someone else.
After constant complaints for 2 hours they allotted me 2 rooms in alleppey city in a budget hotel.Good 1hour drive from this crap to that hotel
So after shifting there the nightmare wasn't over....My breakfast was from hotel's side as per the itinerary. They harassed me by denying half of the items from the menu & tried to charge by saying I have exceeded the per head breakfast amount.
I really advice you all Don't don't go to this HOTEL ever.

Room Tip: Check your room's every single thing lights, fans, Ac, water taps, Cupboards etc. Also fight fo...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family