Ananda Beach Home
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Alappuzha
See available hotels
La Plage Marari(Mararikulam)
  • Pool
Camelot Hotel(Alappuzha)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My and my Friend’s family (4 adults & 2 two year olds) visited Ananda Beach Home between 7th and 9th of Dec. It was my second visit to the place and the place was no less mesmerizing than the first time.

Location:
The resort is strategically located close to a large lake and a private beach. The beach is to the west of the resort and one can view a grand summer sunset at its best. The resort has a very pleasant & serene atmosphere with palm/coconut trees uniformly planted across the property with hammocks in the shades of the trees. There is a small Village sharing the beach but the locals do not interfere with resort’s guests.

Proximity:
The resort is in close proximity to Alleppy railway station (3 kms) and an hour’s drive from Cochin airport.

Cottages:
Cottages could use a little face lift in terms of new mirrors & bathroom fitments (Certainly not a letdown), otherwise is compact and very well serves the purpose. The restrooms are clean and well maintained.

Food:
One can expect authentic Kerela home food, prepared by a local woman working at the resort. The food tasted great and exceeded our expectations to a large extent. The food is served at a large open dining area, which I found to be appetizing

Service:
Service was the highlight of our stay, with two small kids (2 year olds) the staffs were bombarded with requests for milk, bread, Jam etc through the stay and was duly attended to. The staffs were courteous and resourceful. The Manager, Mr Thomas took very good care of us and ensured we felt at home. He was very informative and guided us well with respect to all the places of interest around the resort.

Summary:
If you are looking at having a lazy/relaxing vacation, enjoy authentic Kerela delicacy and connect with nature, Ananda Beach Homes is the place.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This was my first time visit to Alleppey. Overall I stayed in River side view resort and the other day in Ananda Beach Home. This Resort is a few kms away from Alleppey railway station, Manager Thomas was very kind and helpful and guided me well to reach the resort. I stayed in the Beach side AC room. Room is very small and there is no wardrobe to place your luggage. The food was not that great, The resort also has a restaurant which is open for visitors from outside who are not staying in the resort. I did not like this, People were boozing in the restaurant. This takes a toll on your privacy, few guys were using the hammock which were set up for us near our room with beer bottles in their hand.

However, the Resort rooms were small and tidy. The beach view was great, there is an entrance to the beach from the resort. Once can go for a walk, you cant call this a private beach as you can see many other people around. Yes I also had to watch out my foot steps to avoid landmines (human droppings) all over the beach side. The Waves thunders the rocks facing the beach side view rooms, it was not an issue for me though. The staff is very courteous & they offered me their bike, I had to go to an ATM.

I still rate this property very good because I like the hammocks tied to the coconut trees, you can sleep on these and gaze at the stars as long as u can.. The beach side view is great, Staff is very courteous & helpful.. The location is simply awesome, but there are lot of areas which require improvement..

Things that I liked :

1) Food
2) Restaurant open for outsiders
3) Room with a wardrobe
4) Small Rooms

I would recommend anyone to stay in this Resort.

Room Tip: Take the beach side room, avoid it if u want a good nights' sleep..
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank live2travelAJ
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We visited this beautiful beach house in the first week of dec n luckily the weather was warm n nice, the resort is located right next a small private beach n offers good privacy. The food was extremely good n service was impeccable thanks to Mr Thomas who takes very good care of guests.. The ac cottages are compact n comfortable with all basic amenities. The rates are also reasonable.It is the ideal place for couples n familes looking for a peaceful getaway. Tip: go for the Ac cottages as the weather is usually warm, dont expect Taj n Oberoi style rooms.. but well worth the tariffs.. Avoid the beach early mornings, n do take advice from Mr Thomas regarding your outings..

Room Tip: Go for the Ac cottages only.. no frills but neat n clean.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Myself with my wife, in-laws and my dog Banjo, stayed at Ananda Beach Home from Nov.16th to 18th. From the moment we arrived at the resort, Mr.Thomas, the manager and other staff welcomed us and showed us our rooms.
Ananda Beach Home located away from main Alappuzha town, but right on the beach. I could see no other resorts around except a small fisherman village nearby. Though sea is very rough, the beach is relatively clean. It is not a good idea to venture deep into the sea here. The rooms consist of a small but comfortable balcony overlooking the sea. Although the rooms are small, it feels cozy and comfortable. Important aspect of the room is the open air bathroom!. However, most of the bathroom fittings ware either leaking or badly stained. We preferred to have bath by felling buckets. Biggest let down in this resort is the badly washed, dirty and stained bath towels. We were forced to use our own bath towels.
I must admit there are very limited choice of food variety, but it is more than compensated by yummy homely Kerala food cooked by a lady Malayali cook. Full marks to excellent room service and house keeping.
On the final day of our stay, our train was scheduled to depart at 5 Pm, but we had booked our rooms for only 2 nights. We were supposed to vacate the rooms by 11 Am. We requested the resort owner to allow us to stay till 3 Pm, he readily agreed and allotted one room!.
Overall we enjoyed our stay, and wont mind recommending to others, I will take this opportunity to thank all the staff for their excellent service and the owner for considering our request and allowing us to stay more time.

Room Tip: Ask for the sea facing cottage
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank petvacations
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Stayed at Ananda Beach Home wid family on Nov-13th and found the staff especially Mr. Thomas going out of their way to make our stay memorable. Enjoyed the best food in allepey. The ambience and the rooms (not to forget the the open air bathrooms!!!!) were well worth the price paid for. Its on a secluded location by the beach and the only sound you will hear is the sound of waves clashing on the coast. Overall "A Real Great Beach Resort".

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family