“Tourists and Human waste don't mix”

Casamaria Beach Resort
Ranked #23 of 68 Hotels in Alappuzha
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here for a week in February with my wife and overall we enjoyed the experience. I would agree with all the good points other TA users have written however there are a few areas that need sorting out. The first is the hot water system; we could deal with the fact that it was only on for a limitted time in the morning as it could be switched on when needed at other times. The problem was the awful racket the water pump makes. I read about this in a previous TA review but it is a noise that has to be experienced to appreciate how bad it is; a sort of groaning, growling noise that would not be out of place in a Sci Fi movie. Our first room was near the pump but we were moved after the first night as it was impossible to sleep through the racket: I get the feeling that guests who are only staying for one night get the rooms next to the howling pump rather than just getting the problem fixed. The rooms were generaly OK but the beds have the thinest, hardest mattresses and were without doubt the most uncomfortable I have ever attempted to sleep in.
The bigest issue was that the naturally beautiful beach is used by local fisher men as their main toilet. Whilst I understand that this is all part of the local culture, Casamaria does claim to be a beach hotel so they should at least try to keep the beach adjacent to the hotel clean (as the beach hut owners in Goa do). I'm no prude but there is something un-nerving about someone coming to squat within 20 feet of you and leaving a nasty surprise to step in. On some days the beach was disgusting and unuseable, certainly not the place for young children. The beach was really off putting and for reasons of hygiene I would not return: a shame because the hotel was quite charming.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the hot water pump as possible. Wi Fi is weak but does work in some of t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Casamaria Beach Resort

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This place is perfect for a nice and calm holiday. The house is in beautiful colonialstyle with a nice big garden and next to the beach. The rooms are nice and clean and there is an AC. The staff loves to help you with anything you want and they can also bring food from a restautant.
If I go to Alleppey again i wouldn´t hesitate to go back to Casamaria Beach Resort.
Unfortunately some good pictures from here was deleted so I don´t have any nice photos to send.

Thank You!
Anna-Lena

Room Tip: First floor seaside is very good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
WilliamMaria, Owner at Casamaria Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort

Thank you for your generous feedback on Trip advisor.

I am very happy to learn about your enjoyable stay at our Casamaria beach Resort . Your appreciation is very motivating and helps us to strive harder for excellence.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you, awaiting a comfortable and invigorating experience every time you visit the Casamaria .

Reviewed 29 January 2014

A beautiful resort with an awsm view of sea. The rooms r gud service fast a beautiful garden in front of room. The fodd is gud.If in alleppy stay in Casamaria beach resort is
must. Wish to b there once again.

• Stayed: December 2013

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and we could make your trip a memorable one. The team at the Casamaria Beach Resort is pleased to know that they were able to meet your expectations.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Casamaria Beach Resort.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have the experience of staying in different hotels on the Allappey beach and I can say that Casamaria is the best one. A very attentive people help you to rest and relax in the way you like. Also they help to organize backwates cruise and taxi to the Kochi airport. You can always expect your needs will be treated in the most regardful way - a late breakfast or hot water any time. Hotel has a direct access to the beach (approx. 30 meter from the room door). Hotel provides a good breakfast. For lunch and dinner the "Dreamers" restaurant with excellent fresh sea food is 500 meters away. Enjoy your staying at Casamaria!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a direct access to the beach, While 1st floor rooms are a little bigger.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort

Thank you for posting your valuable response on Trip advisor about Casamaria Beach Resort!

We are pleased to know that the services and facilities offered to you exceeded your expectations. I thank you immensely for recommending Casamaria Beach Resort and for your generous comments.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is a really nice beach house with great staff and a good breakfast. The rooms are air conditioned and are very nice in size. The staff assisted with all travel arrangements in and around Allepey as well as laundry and Ayurvedic treatments. The resort is located in a nice spot but one has to take a short walk to the nearby tuk-tuks to get to the town.

The only issues were the hot water which we had to request and the fact that I had to pay cash for the accommodation instead of using my card (which is advertised as accepted on T.A). I would also recommend the bathrooms and bar fridges be cleaned a little more.

Overall we had a good stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort

Thank you for your valuable time and posting your review about your experience at the Casamaria Beach Resort

The team at the Casamaria Beach Resort is pleased to know that they were able to your expectations. I am truly overwhelmed by your feedback and the credit goes to the entire team. Your feedback motivates us to work towards exceeding our guest experiences.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits at Casamaria Beach Resort and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during our recent trip to Kerala. I booked this hotel after reading several positive reviews on TA. The property is beach front and as stated earlier it is at the quiet end of the beach. They have a small back gate through the garden to access the beach. The main entrance is on the beach road. You can easily find this hotel, just go to beach road and the signs will guide you.

They have about 6 rooms out of which 3 on ground floor and other 3 on first floor. We were placed in room no 103. The room is big and comfortable and has a large window facing the beach, although the view is blocked by trees into the garden. The furniture of the room is good, but a change in linen and hand towels is required. They provide with two chairs, a coffee table, a dressing table, a side table and a wardrobe. Our blanket cover had a big stain and the hand towel was filled with stained, I just picked it and kept it aside. The room has a TV with good number of channels on it.

The air conditioning is nice and cools the room under 10 minutes. The bathroom fittings are also average. The bathroom needs a bit more cleaning, especially on the wall tiles. My major concern over here was the hot water. During our stay we needed to leave early in the morning at 6am and the hot water was not available. You need to tell them to start the hot water, after going back down two times there was no hot water in bathroom, we had to bath with cold water at 5.30 in the morning!! While leaving I raised the concern and asked them to check the room for hot water, but the same thing repeated next morning. I don't know what was the problem.

Now my major concern during the stay in room 103 was a constant humming sound of the pressure pump. The sound was continuous and throughout the day. If you are a silent sleeper get a room number 1 which I think will have lesser noise.

The breakfast which is included into the room cost was very good. We were served south Indian breakfast and everything was excellent. Now one major thing which could be a concern to some people is that there is no restaurant over here. There are few nice restaurant 10 minutes walk from the hotel though. The resort should consider providing a kettle in the room as it would be handy to make tea and coffee.

Overall it has big and comfortable rooms and good family managed resort but there is much room for improvement to the resort.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChinCho

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort

Please accept our sincere apologies , Though it is quite disconcerting, we understand the feelings of our esteemed guest. We also thank you for letting us know our areas of improvement. This would help us a lot in our constant endeavor to provide our guests with a dream vacation. I would like to personally assure that every aspect have been addressed and it will be taken care in future

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We had a comfortable 2-night stay at this well-managed family-run hotel. The service was good and the rooms were adequate. Reasonable continental breakfast included. Located approx. 15 min walk from Alleppey Beach. We enjoyed swimming directly at the somewhat private beach directly at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple