Malayalam Lake Resort Homestay
Ramada Alleppey(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$84
Priceline
Bamboo Lagoon Backwater Front Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$34
  • Room Service
Abad Turtle Beach(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$75
Lake Canopy(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$76
Agoda.com
Deshadan Backwater Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$214
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Palmgrove Lake Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$53
  • Restaurant
Aquabliss(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$107
Priceline
Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort(Alappuzha)(Great Value!)
US$78
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspineapple juicemosquito netwatch the boatsupstairs balconyupper roomsbest thing about this placepassing boatsperfect place to enjoyoil massagefirst floorlonely planetbeautiful locationshort noticeroom was largewonderful staytuk tukstayed two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We've been to this hotel following recommendations on TA and once arrived what a disappointment.
At a rate of 3000rps/night you would expect a nice room with at least hot water.
You have a really nice view that you can enjoy while relaxing or having you breakfast. Tough there are numerous house boats passing through.
The owner is really helpful and will do his best to provide you assistance for trips, restaurants ( first restaurant is located 10min walk).
To reach the home stay you'll have to take a small path from the main road that can get flooded during the monsoon. Be sure to wear short and flip flops.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

A little bit confused about this place, I don't understand why it is so highly rated.
To be fair, you will have a wonderful view from the homestay and the staff is nice. But the rates are so high that I expected more. The rooms are basic as budget hotel rooms. The breakfast is average. Some of the reviews talked about a lovely breakfast. What was so special about it?
And be aware, if it rains hard, the road leading to the homestay is flooded.
Not everything is wrong, the owner is a nice person who will help you if you need any information.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank isou24
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This place is tucked away from the crowds and fronts the river where you can sit on the balcony and watch the houseboats pass you by. We were there in the off season so had the place to ourselves and were very well looked after by the local owners. Lovely rooms and very reasonable prices. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vaitecat
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had a great 1 night stop here after our boat trip. Great little spot and run by very friendly and helpful family. Had an upstairs room with a balcony to watch the passing boats at a very reasonable rate. All very clean. It was in monsoon so didnt have to contend with any other travellers and the boat traffic was enjoyably distracting ( could understand it might be a bit too annoying at season height if you were planning a longer stay - but it is India after all) Wifi but no a/c - plenty of fans so it wasnt an issue for us. A relatively short tuk tuk to town.
Recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marcus W
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stumbled upon this homestay after doing some reading online. I wasn't able to find their email and couldn't call from abroad, so I contacted them via facebook (their facebook came up after a quick google search). To my surprise, they responded the same day and supplied me with their email address and confirmed a room, based on my preference. We decided to stay in a fan room on the second floor with a balcony. I regret only staying one night. Our stay was amazing.

The owner did everything he could to accommodate us during our stay. He supplied us with a map of Allephey and recommended places to eat and visit, helped organize a boat, and even brought us ice cold water on request. The breakfast was quite delicious as well. We had omelets, juice, coffee and toast for a small additional fee. The resort also has pretty good wifi but unfortunately did not reach our room. I loved sitting out on our balcony and watching the boats go by. Once the house boats all docked for the night, it was a very tranquil environment staring out on the still water. I highly recommend staying here.. It truly is a hidden gem.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms. Being a moderate budget traveler (still a student) I splurged for a second floor fan room for the night but I would have been fine in the ground level bungalows. Every room came equipped with seating areas to watch the river.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends