“Peaceful retreat”
Review of Bella Homestay

Bella Homestay
Ranked #4 of 204 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Great little home stay located just walking distance from the centre of Allepey and a couple of minutes from the dock where the rice boats leave from.
The hosts where very welcoming of us into their home. They ensured we had everything we wanted to have a pleasant stay.
The property is lovely, lush gardens and tranquil settings. The rooms are very clean with all the facilities one needs.
Great breakfast with amazing fresh juice.
We stayed 2 nights and would definitely come back. It's a bargain for what you get.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank jaimebond

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Though we had a short stay at bella it was sufficient to get a clear picture of their dedicated effort to satisfy their guests. Decorated finely with a rich blend of 2 different places the grace with which Mr.biju and Natasha have built this dream house is applaudable. A perfect place for people needing an atmosphere similar to our home or better in case. Ambience 10/10 cleanliness 10/10 and most of all their hospitality baggs more than 10. Thank you guys..u ve made the last day of our kerala trip the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank ramya3003
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I loved this homestay so much. It was gorgeous, clean, comfortable, stylish. More like a boutique hotel than a homestay. I felt like I was home. If only my house was this gorgeous! There wasn’t anything Biju and Natasha haven’t thought of, from the delicious pineapple shake on arrival, to the banana crepes for breakfast, from helpful tips for travelers, to lighting for the intermittent Indian power failures and chocolates by my bed. Biju was infinitely patient and helpful when I was sorting out my taxi issues (I should have listened to him!) The homestay is in close walking distance to the main bus terminal and yet far enough from the hustle and bustle. I loved my stay at Bella Homestay. It was one of my favourite accommodations during my visit to India. I was disappointed I hadn’t chosen to stay longer, and would recommend Bella Homestay to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. I love this place. I've travelled to more than 20 countries and stayed at every kind of hotel. Oftentimes when you pay more you get "nicer" things but not a nicer stay. This was one of the cheaper places I stayed in India. But it was one of my favorites.

The hardest part of travelling for me is finding out the good stuff. The same city can be great or horrible depending on if you know where to go or whom to trust. Biju and Natasha make it easy. They advised me for what I was looking got the canoe trip was better than a houseboat and they were right. They set it all up for me I didn't have to worry about anything.

As an aside I have to advise people to try the canoe instead of the houseboats. The whole point of visiting this idyllic backwater is to see the peaceful way people live. Blasting through it on a giant floating motorhome seems counterproductive. I wanted a quiet meditative time and that's exactly what it was, quietly gliding over the water people wouldn't even notice us barely.

Biju of course made the great smoothies you've read about in the other reviews. Natasha was friendly too. And jack was an adorable pug. They provided so much without asking for anything added. Smoothies, bottled water, coffee, candles for when the whole town would lose electricity.

They also attached for a ride to the airport who got me there in time regardless of the fact that I left late (not recommended). And for less than the prepaid taxi I took from the airport.

Was the most stress free part of my entire one month trip to India.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 28 November 2012

How can you criticise a homestay when your host greets you with ice cold glasses of pineapple juice smoothies ?

Biju and Natasha have only owned this homestay for a short time but already have made it a huge success. Biju brings a homestay experience and a 'front of house' expertise while Natasha provides the computer experience. Importantly each provides an initial impression.

Biju's welcome and company is first class as is their website, now being upgraded to include web booking and availability options.

With the Homestay surrounded by many fine potted plants you would hardly believe that it stands on a very small plot of ground. You think you are in the middle of a large oasis in a very busy city.

The rooms are very comfortable with their own feminine touches; soap, towels, lemongrass etc. and come with en-suite bathrooms. Upstairs has a large open area and balcony with the dining area downstairs in the covered outside area. All extremely comfortable.

Biju gave us information and escorted us to the ferry terminal for our 2 hour trip to Kottayam. He also provided us with driver and a very comfortable car for the four of us to reach our next destination. In our three week trip to Kerala we have never had a better driver, rarely did he need to use his horn which in itself is a unique achievement here ! The drive was superb.

Now if you are tired of the lack of a decent coffee Biju can add a fine filtered variety and some very excellent smoothies !!!

Good luck to this hard working couple.

The four of us stayed for 2 nights on the 25th and 26th of November.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This homestay is brilliant - clean, comfortable and spacious - and that's without the hosts who are so kind and willing to help make your stay everything you want it to be in any way that they can. Deserves to be recognised as the best place in Alleppey by far! Could not find fault at all, even with the recommendations that they made, which were spot on. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We were so glad we picked Bella - Natasha and Biju were superb hosts and were extremely attentive and efficient. Biju has a great network in town (especially for backwaters cruises), and Natasha is also a seasoned India hand having worked as a tour operator for many years before this venture. The rooms were spotlessly clean, furnished beautifully, and great for couples. An added bonus is the house dog Jackie, who is very cute indeed. I would strongly recommend Bella Homestay as the best option for anyone traveling to Alleppey.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple