“Simply the best!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Bella Art & Meditation House
Ranked #5 of 195 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We had a long journey by train from Goa to Alleypey, and Bella Homestay is an absolute oasis after this long and difficult journey. We were welcomed by Jacky the friendly Puggy dog.

The whole house is tastefully decorated and one might be forgiven for thinking it's 5 star resort villa in Bali!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank auxelf

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 26 December 2012

This was such a lovely place to stay and call home during my stay in Alleppey. The house is peaceful, the rooms are very nice and comfortable, and the garden is beautiful. Biju and Natasha were incredibly warm, friendly, and always helpful. They both made my stay really wonderful. Their dog Jack was a character and a welcome treat. The breakfasts were great and Biju's famous juice smoothies were delicious! About 10 minutes away from the proper town area and if you need an auto rickshaw they will arrange one for you. They also arranged my canoe trip through the backwaters as well as a trip to get an Ayurvedic massage. They have created a place and atmosphere that makes you feel at home the moment you enter it!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cmilti
Southern Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2012

This is a lovely homestay in a nice quiet suburb, 10 minutes’ walk away from the exciting hustle and bustle of Alleppey town. If you’re up early enough while it’s still cool, you could walk to finishing point to get a local ferry which is a nice experience in itself, or get an auto rikshaw (only about 5 minutes or so) to the sea front. Biju, gentle and welcoming and Natasha, lively and full of laughter are perfect hosts, intelligent and most importantly, very genuine people. As you would expect from their location they know a lot about the various backwater offerings and can tailor to suit different budgets. After 10 minutes or so talking to Biju, with one simple phone call he was able to arrange for us one of the most fantastic days we have ever spent on a boat. While staying in Bella Homestay we met interesting people both travellers and locals, on and off the boat, mixed with local people, saw amazing and surprising sights on the canal sides ate wonderful home cooking, and also had a great time in the spice shops and hotels in town in the evening. We also managed to squeeze in a nice sunset in the upstairs seating area of a beach restaurant in the evening of the day we arrived. The rooms satisfied all our basic needs, the seating area in the garden and the breakfast was very pleasant as well. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank H1llb1lly
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Great little home stay located just walking distance from the centre of Allepey and a couple of minutes from the dock where the rice boats leave from.
The hosts where very welcoming of us into their home. They ensured we had everything we wanted to have a pleasant stay.
The property is lovely, lush gardens and tranquil settings. The rooms are very clean with all the facilities one needs.
Great breakfast with amazing fresh juice.
We stayed 2 nights and would definitely come back. It's a bargain for what you get.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank jaimebond
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Though we had a short stay at bella it was sufficient to get a clear picture of their dedicated effort to satisfy their guests. Decorated finely with a rich blend of 2 different places the grace with which Mr.biju and Natasha have built this dream house is applaudable. A perfect place for people needing an atmosphere similar to our home or better in case. Ambience 10/10 cleanliness 10/10 and most of all their hospitality baggs more than 10. Thank you guys..u ve made the last day of our kerala trip the icing on the cake.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank ramya3003
melbourne
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I loved this homestay so much. It was gorgeous, clean, comfortable, stylish. More like a boutique hotel than a homestay. I felt like I was home. If only my house was this gorgeous! There wasn’t anything Biju and Natasha haven’t thought of, from the delicious pineapple shake on arrival, to the banana crepes for breakfast, from helpful tips for travelers, to lighting for the intermittent Indian power failures and chocolates by my bed. Biju was infinitely patient and helpful when I was sorting out my taxi issues (I should have listened to him!) The homestay is in close walking distance to the main bus terminal and yet far enough from the hustle and bustle. I loved my stay at Bella Homestay. It was one of my favourite accommodations during my visit to India. I was disappointed I hadn’t chosen to stay longer, and would recommend Bella Homestay to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
New York
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. I love this place. I've travelled to more than 20 countries and stayed at every kind of hotel. Oftentimes when you pay more you get "nicer" things but not a nicer stay. This was one of the cheaper places I stayed in India. But it was one of my favorites.

The hardest part of travelling for me is finding out the good stuff. The same city can be great or horrible depending on if you know where to go or whom to trust. Biju and Natasha make it easy. They advised me for what I was looking got the canoe trip was better than a houseboat and they were right. They set it all up for me I didn't have to worry about anything.

As an aside I have to advise people to try the canoe instead of the houseboats. The whole point of visiting this idyllic backwater is to see the peaceful way people live. Blasting through it on a giant floating motorhome seems counterproductive. I wanted a quiet meditative time and that's exactly what it was, quietly gliding over the water people wouldn't even notice us barely.

Biju of course made the great smoothies you've read about in the other reviews. Natasha was friendly too. And jack was an adorable pug. They provided so much without asking for anything added. Smoothies, bottled water, coffee, candles for when the whole town would lose electricity.

They also attached for a ride to the airport who got me there in time regardless of the fact that I left late (not recommended). And for less than the prepaid taxi I took from the airport.

Was the most stress free part of my entire one month trip to India.

• Stayed November 2012